Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New board to challenge boards.ie for dominance

• 16-11-2002 8:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.dublin.ie/b_board/default.asp

They have ... 3 valid topics and 11 posts.

Someone picked DeV off the floor and give him a sedative.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Look at the title,

"ASP Resource Forum"

Erm ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

[sarcastic]stiff competion there[/sarcastic]

lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Give em a chance! btw a www.dublin.ie board is only competiton for
    the East board here....thats odd, I just spotted that I was apparently last on that site on Nov 6th at 11.40, I did'nt know it even exisited until 5 mins ago!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

heh :)

boards.ie, what is best in life?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

nah not really... I don't think we're in the business of lording it over other irish websites. I even like to think that we get on well with the guvnors of p45 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Regi
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Ah Conan, not content with killing demons and overthrowing evil kings, now trys his hand at philosophy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I vote boards just laughs until they kill themselves from shame. :p

nah not really... I don't think we're in the business of lording it over other irish websites. I even like to think that we get on well with the guvnors of p45

Ok, I was obviously mistaken, as I tried to signup to post on p45rant.com twice yesterday, and my account was deleted twice before I got the chance to post. I'm not very impressed, and quite disappointed :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

What did you register as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Slydice
    What did you register as?

tehGibson.boARDS.Ie

regi, with my email address - regi@boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Isn't that email address banned by some spamfilter.......?

No its not! That was someone being mistaken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Please don't pick on the smaller boards unless they act the muppet here.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

P45rant.net - Ireland's busiest discussion forums

Blowing their own trumpet (dubious as to wether its true as well), I dislike these forums already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ok, I was obviously mistaken, as I tried to signup to post on p45rant.com twice yesterday, and my account was deleted twice before I got the chance to post. I'm not very impressed, and quite disappointed

I've tried to register there three times, and each time my sub has not been "approved". You'd swear I was a troll or something...

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Please don't pick on the smaller boards unless they act the muppet here.

Fair comment - but is dublin.ie one of the little guys? When they launched the site including bulletin board last April (yep a stonking 3 threads in 6 months!) they revealed they had €1,000,000 (of Government money) to make it happen!

Think what Boards.ie could do for on-line communities with one tenth of that cash!

dahamsta, perhaps they have either a dodgy email script, or they don't want boards.ie people on their site? :)

I know for a fact that we would never be so petulant as to disallow people purely on the basis that they belonged to another online community.

Think what Boards.ie could do for on-line communities with one tenth of that cash!

I'd like to think that the Komplett forum is an exact example of how it should be done :)

Advertisement