Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you guys and galls review my templates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Personally I like the second one. I find the first one a little 'confused'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The second one looks better because you've spent more time on it. That siad I don't really like the dark blue in the second one. I'd use a lighter shade. But thats just my own opinion. Also I'd bold some of the text. At the moment all the text looks the same. If I was you I'd experiment with using bold text and even some darkblue and grey colours in the text. Might break it up and make it more attractive to the eye aswell as making it easier to read.

That font doesn't look like arial, what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

The font is Verdana, i dont like arial,

Thanks for the reviews. there is more to come . :)

Originally posted by NeVeR
    The font is Verdana, i dont like arial

Thought there was something funny about it. Each to their own and all that but why Verdana? I always think that Verdana looks a bit old fashioned. But I guess its all subjective. Have you tried tahoma? Still different but modern looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

This just looks like blatant advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by blacknight
    Personally I like the second one. I find the first one a little 'confused'

I agwee!

Have to also agwee with RicardoSmith bout the strong blue, but I do think Verdana whips Arial's butt :D

What can I say I'm a traditional kind of a guy. I wonder has anyone ever done a survey of fonts users like best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

First one with a little more defintion on the header and rearrangment of the main content in the table. The colour scheme has potential

--
    It might be blatant advertsing but....
    Par chance when will the afore mentioned services be available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i'm not too sure about the palm pilot and laptop on /1/

why are they there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i'm not too sure about the palm pilot and laptop on /1/

They are there as a kind of symbol to show the package is bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    That font doesn't look like arial, what is it?

News Just In: More fonts than just Arial.

Verdana is actually specifically designed for reading on screen, so I should be mroe readable than Arial, espeically at small sizes.

I'm pretty such that it's also much more popular on the web too.

- Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I know you can pretty much specify any font you want in a webpage ... but what happens if the viewer does not have Tahoma or whatever font you choose? .. was tahoma always in windows? (win 95 for example) .. what fonts are on 95% of users machines? ... (ie. any windows 'puter)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by BigEejit
    I know you can pretty much specify any font you want in a webpage ... but what happens if the viewer does not have Tahoma or whatever font you choose?

default, like so....
    I'm so ucky

Originally posted by p
    News Just In: More fonts than just Arial.

Verdana is actually specifically designed for reading on screen, so I should be mroe readable than Arial, espeically at small sizes.

I'm pretty such that it's also much more popular on the web too.

- Kevin

Really is there? Would you believe it.

Obviously 90% of the sites I visit aren't watching the same news as you are. Arial is by far the most used font I see on my travels. Probably Times New Roman is next. Maybe courier too.

Personally I use Arial a lot because clients specifically request it, and most of them do not like small font sizes in any font as they find them hard to see never mind read. Also most people have arial on their system so its a good font to fall back on. "If it isn't broken don't fix it" etc.

I can be pretty sure that on a project thats tight on time sticking to arial is going to look ok and I'm not going to have a client request a change of font. If I have the luxury of time I might play "ooh I'm a designer" for a few hours and knock myself out, but the opportunities are few. Shame really as I've spent quite a bit of time building a collection of fonts. I have about 2gb of fonts at the moment. Most jobs use the same 10 or so thought. Grrrrr.

Surprisingly I also know what Verdana is designed for, so you're not the only one then. But I personally don't like it. I've never had a client request it either on anything I've ever done. But hey its a free world if you like it use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Verdana would be my choice of font, and proabably more used due to the font family specifications -

FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif

Unless you dont have verdana on your machine, you`ll see boards.ie in arial font.

Oh and sans serif font is for reading on screen (without tail)

and serif font is for newspaper/book text (with tail)

Not that you dont already know this, but that you`re arguing that arial is more widely used.

Back on topic, i dont particularly like either design, i think you`re using the images because you have them not because they work well.

Anways wot do i know

Advertisement