Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil 70 v Bohs 2002? Who would win?

• 16-11-2002 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

I was watching a videotape of a match between England and Brazil 1970 and I have to say it probably the most god-awful football match I've ever watched in my life. England were terrible and Brazil (supposidly the greatest international side ever) weren't much better.

So the great dissapointment of watching this side made me wonder - what kind of team from our era would it have taken to beat that 'great' Brazil side of 70? One could offer up Real Madrid 2002, ManUnited 2002 etc but I reckon that it wouldn't have even been a contest due to the fitness and improved tactial play of modern teams.

So I came to the conclusion that (and I am not kidding here) that the current Bohemians side of 2002 could have beaten the Brazil side of 1970! And just to clarify I'm talking about 'timetravel-football' here in order to pit the current Bohs side against Brazil 70 side and not just suggesting that we invite a bunch of 60 year old Brazilian footballers to play a match at Dalymount against players still in their 20's!

So who would win? Bohs or Brazil? And if you're an anti-Eircom-league (or anti-Bohs) person just on here to slag the standard of the EL (or Bohs) then at least give reasons why a Brazil side (from a football era best-forgotten) would have won.

Brazil 1970 v Bohs 2002 8 votes

Bohs 2002
    0% 0 votes
    Brazil 1970
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Class. Surely a drunken post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hope so :)

See Crowe in the Ireland squad :)

Kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Roffle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I was watching a videotape of a match between England and Brazil 1970 and I have to say it probably the most god-awful football match I've ever watched in my life. England were terrible and Brazil (supposidly the greatest international side ever) weren't much better.

try watching the final in 1970 and you might change your mind.you can't compare eras,its like saying who would win in a fight spiderman or the incredible hulk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Fresh from a lucky 2-0 win in Drogheda, I feel we could easily beat those Brazilian minnows. Brazil, its just like watching Bohs, its just like watching Bohs, etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

No competition, Spidey would kick his ass!!!!

Advertisement