Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

question about receivers

• 16-11-2002 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

on this website www.satellite.ie they have a receiver on offer for e219 a palcom 2100cl and it says beside it this"Astonishing value in this two slot common interface digital receiver for free and encoded channels including live English premiership, French, German ond other European channels. Fantastic channel choice using 4.7 freecam module (below) and card."
    does this mean that if i buy this box i need no cam to watch premiership soccer on a saturday.?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Well it's Tony's (regular poster and one of the resident experts) site so doubtless he can tell you exactly what it does and what's needed when he drops by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Tony, you finally got the Digenius clone in..wise move!

matrisk no 1, read the text. Its there in black and white, that you need a CAM to decode the channels.
    The reciever is such fantastic value for money, it is cheaper than the CAM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Adding a CI adaptor and a CAM surprised me to cost. I have PC Digital Receiver and CI adaptor + CAM also costs more than receiver.
    I have seen CAMs at £199

Why are they so expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by chernobyl
    Tony, you finally got the Digenius clone in..wise move!

Thanks, the digenius guys were getting so slack with deliveries that I thought to hell with them, and I got a much better deal on the palcom (exactly the same receiver just different branding)

I'm afraid I cant discuss the whole premiership soccer thing here as most people will be using "unofficial" cards for this and the moderators understandably will not permit such a discussion. However a cam module (conditional access module) is a unit which plugs into the CI slot on the receiver to enable decode of pay channels using an appropraite viewing card which is inserted into the cam module. The irdeto 4.7 is a cam which has been patched (software re written) to permit the use of 5 diiferent encryption systems in one module.

hope this helps

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by matrisk no 1
    on this website www.satellite.ie they have a receiver on offer for e219 a palcom 2100cl and it says beside it this"Astonishing value in this two slot common interface digital receiver for free and encoded channels including live English premiership, French, German ond other European channels. Fantastic channel choice using 4.7 freecam module (below) and card."
    does this mean that if i buy this box i need no cam to watch premiership soccer on a saturday.?

No I'm afraid you need the receiver cam( and card) and dish to watch premiership football.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement