Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which game should be made into a movie?

Options
  • 17-11-2002 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

and who should play the lead?
    well?
    i think half-life. the plot alone was just enough for it to be made into a film.
    the guy who played dr. green in E.R should play gordon freeman methinks
    :)

toodles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by superconor
    the guy who played dr. green in half-life ...
    Huh? Do you mean E.R. ??

I'd like to see Deus Ex or System Shock. System Shock is a bit of a one man show, so it'll never be made, but Deux Ex is do-able.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by superconor
    the guy who played dr. green in half-life should play gordon freeman methinks

Goose out of Top Gun? I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

If they got it right Deus Ex could be fantastic, but there has never been a good game to film(final fantasy was good though, not great) so i wouldnt hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

David Cross (the comedian) is the spitting image of Gordon Freeman .... that'd be fun. :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

flashback would make a decent film, not sure who would suit it tho

• Advertisement

Originally posted by tman
    flashback would make a decent film, not sure who would suit it tho

i think the plot is a little too cliche. its been done to pieces. the amnesiac who saves the world, think steven segal, chuck norris or other d-list action heros.

true, don't be dissning segal tho:mad:
    he's still c list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

make GTA into a film.

i could be wrong, but apparently gta has already been made into a (crap) movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

You would have to make a distinction between a film with the characters and a mildly related, mostly new plot or a Film following the Game Plot Exactly.

Half-Life Would Not be suitable for the latter cause it has very little plot when you look at it compared to other games, you would need a lot of new stuff and it would probably
    be over-queered by some script writer.

Resident Evil comes to mind, I mean were they all Drunk or Stoned when the wrote the script?

Deus Ex would be a great game for a film, its got a great story that would need very little modification and would appeal to those who liked the matrix (nano-augs, run fast, ballistic protection etc)

I think i heard Die Another Day has nano-aug stuff in it.
    final fantasy was good though, not great

Final Fantasy was not a game-to-film, more of a Brand Name I think. I heard square pictures was making another.

Shenmue was made into a 90min film rendered on dreamcast hardware, apparently it was good

• Advertisement

Final Fantasy was not a game-to-film, more of a Brand Name I think. I heard square pictures was making another.

square definitly are not going to be making another final fantasy film. it nearly bankrupted them. and they shut down the studio in hawaii that it was animated in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

I knew about all that but I heard recently they were going to have another go at it after the relatively poor success of the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Considering some of the stinkers they have made already, none would be the best answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Has to be quake, I want to see what Hollywood can do with the whole rocket jump thing. eheh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

dance dance revolution

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    dance dance revolution

cyberpunk japanese dirty dancing.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Zelda maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

puzzle bobble

or tetris

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Now that I thing about it the story of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (1997) is alot like Simon The Sorcerer (1993), Both have a normal child who both become wizards, very strange?

Originally posted by monument
    Now that I thing about it the story of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (1997) is alot like Simon The Sorcerer (1993), Both have a normal child who both become wizards, very strange?

but simon the sorcerer has nothing about parents getting murdered by evil wizards, or kids going to live with large hairy men with a possible unhealty fascination with children and harry potter does not have the voice of arnold j. rimmer in it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

yea just saying that the start of both stories are the same, which is strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Half-Life

Directed by tarantino.

Think of the possibilites.

Tarantino using his story telling techinques to combine HL, OF and BS in an epic movie to rival LOTR

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Goldeneye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Clive Barker's Undying.
    Although, I think that might already be in production. :confused:

Alice is currently being made into a film, I hear Wes Craven is involved.
    I dont hold much cop for that though.

Edit: Yep, I was right: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0270909

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i think a movie of jetset willy would rock, that game pwns and the graphics rock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Street Fighter II - The Movie - The Game.

Oh wait, they made that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It would have to be metal gear solid. If they used the original storyline that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Pacman or dizzy tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Starcraft?

Arnie could do Doom lol

MGS maybe, although it would be very James Bond esque (without the women)

Advertisement