Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

daoc

Options
  • 17-11-2002 5:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

anyone here play it, im (at time of print) a level 8 ranger

looking for some other hibernian players to join up with go hunting :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

You missed one all important point...... which server and alias do you play as? :)

But yes i still play it, im currently on the gorre server (PvP) and leveling up my paladin.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I've just renewed my account, patching as i type this. Primary chars on Albion/Excalibur, and I change realm like the weather on Prydwen.

Will probably play PvP on Gorre for a while after im patched up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

im on the excaliber server n alias is fianoglach

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hi ya ,

I started back playing again too. Pm in game if you need anything
    if you join up on the Xcal server.

Statix
    Merc Excal Server.

For all of you who plan to play on gorre.......... prepare to die by PKs............. alot :)

The level of lameness can be quite extraordinary at times (such as a guy kill a green con to him who was at quater hp while sitting, 1 hit kill). But apart from that, getting equipment and hunting etc with other realm people.... or in their realm, makes the whole game a bucketload better :)

You can also have 12 (yes, 12!!) charecters on gorre, 4 in each realm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I've played it a bit myself and there are still a few playing it in DNC right now. But the god we call Star Wars Galaxies approaches… we shall all kneel before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

A word of warning about the PvP servers, if the trend in europe is anything like the states, it will be a short term fad. They have 2 servers, one was never really well populated, except perhaps at release, but the second quickly joined it as the least populated live servers. This is mainly due to poor implementation. It can be a bit of fun, but I would recommend trying to stay near the top of the food chain;P

Originally posted by meglome
    I've played it a bit myself and there are still a few playing it in DNC right now. But the god we call Star Wars Galaxies approaches… we shall all kneel before it.

Im curious, is any MMORPG fan here NOT getting this game? :D
    I cant wait myself, anyone know exact release?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

My understanding is Pugsley, that EVERYONE is getting it (anyone interested in PC MMORPG's anyhow). Mostly feedback from DNC but I suppose it's a fair cross section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

ok have only been playing a month but i'm Lvl 40 Friar by the name of Gamblor<Royal Titans>. am on most days but my hard drive went clunk ... clunk clunk clunk so am getting a new 1 tomorrow.
    I don't like the Pvp because of the ppl who camp the bind stones or anywhere where u have to go when u die, also no one will pick any healing class .. except me well i have a lvl 5 friar trying to lvl him and i have a nice Champ called Gaunt as well. But i really enjoy it.

Let me expaline why i Lvl'd so fast I Made a bet with my GuildMaster that i could get to Lvl 41 in 1 week when i was lvl 28, made it to 40 , so i got promoted but cus i lost the bet i had to pay 100 gold.

well off to bed with me now,

will be in DNC tomorrow

• Advertisement

bet you can't make it to 50 in a week;P

Originally posted by OSiriS
    bet you can't make it to 50 in a week;P
    I bet he cant make it in 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

holy **** 28 to 40 in a month, nice one

took me 10 days to get from 42-50 so 2 weeks is well doable.
    Saying that it is also possible to get 0-50 in less than a week

Originally posted by OSiriS
    How did you manage that? :o
    What class were you?

Ranger
    At level 42 I got invited to my 1st fin group, and didn't leave until I hit 43. After that I dropped the whole soloing thing, having soloed to 42 at that stage. For the next 10 days I either got into or set up all the high level xp groups, either at fins, warshades in EZ or banshees in Bog. At level 47+ I was MA in the fin groups which was good fun. Was a grueling week and a half, but seeing how I was just back from a 4 month break, I needed to get 50 to join everyone I had played with on the frontier.

All you need for a fin group are a druid, warden with 6 sec pbt, pbaoe caster, bard and 2 others who can hold agro. Leaves you 2 places to fill as you please ... alot of the time they were occupied by shade twinks, so we got by with 6. 12 hours without a single death kinda proves it can be done;P I would generally log in and if there wasn't a fin group I'd message every high level char of those classes, and usually try to complete it with another caster and a tank. Combine that group with an eldritch with an energy debuff and 3 fins drop in 3 seconds. The only downtime is waiting for respawns. Most of the groups I was in were pretty hardcore. At that stage most knew the story and wanted to get 50 just as badly as I did, so we'd hardly get a beak for hours:0

That would be very useful if i new what fins where? i know all the mobs but them :(

Theres 2 camps in the Cursed Forest and another in Breifine just south of Dun Crim.

thx alot, i might try to get a group together some time before proper PvP server opens on tuesday (all previous chars get deleted) and im gonan try to stay at the top of the food chain this time :)

edit:
    Saying that it is also possible to get 0-50 in less than a week

Dont think so, nolby pride have recently invaded hibernia/prdwen, in 1week and a half, even with nolby prides mega powerlevelling skills they have *ONLY* got themselves to 38-41........within 4days they will all be level 50 i'd say. (group of 30 or so of them CONSTANTLY killing purple cons in mass numbers, they fly up the levels.).

An infamous tart on our server deleted her level 50 hero to move to alb, 3 days later she had a level 48 minstrel. A cabalist just sat in the barrows or something and massacred lvl 50 odd mobs with no downtime so was very fast. Powerlevelling is very possible in daoc if you know how to do it.

• Advertisement

3days?? musta been 72hours straight to get that done :o

btw, i just got 42 today, i got 8.8 bubbles of XP in one day, which i am well chuffed about, hoping to get to lvl 43 before PvP server on tuesday.
    Was hunting finlaiths, damn their good XP, hehe, and they teeth they drop sell for 14g 42s a pice, which i found pretty damn brilliant coz i had 2 of them, hopefully ill be doing them again tomorrow, thx for the advice on what to hunt :)

if you like that, salvage the finlaith firebrand (hammer), you'll get 70g, or make a crafter very happy.

Advertisement