Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam

Options
  • 17-11-2002 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

A friend of mine taped a bit on Phantom last night. Had I known about it, I would surely have stayed home just to listen. I dont know what time it was on, and I forgot whose show it was but it was a half hour dedicated to Pearl Jam related music!!

Damn it was good stuff, its great to hear Brad and Temple of the Dog being played. And a song from the new album, although I dont think that was the best one on the album.

Good stuff though.
    Anyone else hear it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ah nuts, missed that. altho i prolly have most of the stuff on mp3 or cd, still it woulda been nice to hear it on the radio...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

missed it. :mad: okay could somebody please clear this up for me? are they playing here next year? the damn rumour mill may well have misinformed me again but i'd like to be sure.
    sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

they're planning a european tour though whether that includes ireland or not is another question....i'd like to think it does!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

oh if it did how sweet that would be...........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

They're playing down under in February...after that they should be playing Europe and the US, though in what order I don't know. They do seem to play the festivals quite a bit, so that might (and I mean might) mean Europe in the Summer.

If they do play Europe they will not miss Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

Pearl Jam headlining KELLS 2003!!!!

that'd be cool!!! although i'd probably prefer to see em at their own gig so they'd be on for longer....

either way i'd be happy to see em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

hehe, Seraphina im guessing you have heard it all before. there was "Alive" and "Hunger Strike" and "Love Boat Captain" and I forgot which Brad song :)

now...um... as for the rumours about Pearl Jam playing live here next year.

a few weeks ago, me and a few friends started a rumour that they were playing the Point in January. We said ti very loudly on the 65. And that friggin bus goes everywhere! so the rumour seems to have spread... everywhere.

i half heard Pete Reed saying it last night at some stage.
    its pretty funny, but its wrong.

they wont be playing in January, because in December and early January, Brad (featuring Stone Gossard) will be touring Australia, then Stone will have a short break, then the others will come over and tour Australia through February. then on to Japan in March.
    they have a policy of touring either Europe or Australia on every second tour, '98 Aus, '00 Euro, '02 Aus....
    so, there might not be any european dates.

BUT, Brad are said to be playing in the UK and at some European festivals, so if they comntinue to coincide their tours, then we could be in for a bit of Pearl Jamming.

Ask yourself, could I have made that more confusing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

knowing what your posts can be like... yes, yes you could have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

...shut yo mouth....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

damn your rumouring! did you start the placebo one too? crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap. :(
    sHep :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement