Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New maps for Tribes server 2

Options
  • 14-04-1999 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

So... um.

Have any of you guys tried any new maps?

I guess our options are either to set up tribes 2 as a capture and hold/defend & destroy server - or use custom maps - we should be seeing a lot of new good quality maps now that the developer kit is out.

just some thoughts, now whaddya you bozos think? smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Why is this here and not on the tribes board?

I love scabre 2 on BW its a big improvement on the origonal, among other changes middle tower is much bigger and harder to take (hold)

Im not a huge fan of C&H once the novelty wears off its a crap

D&D is good tho, like CTF except without those poxy flags smile.gif

To be honest I like the current arangement whereby the good players and regulars know about the 2nd server but the europeans and muppets dont, extremely selfish I realise but ****it.

vagga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

ah - just posted here cos cloud asked us to ...

- i also like the current situation - selfish as it is, but i think we should consistently use the 2nd server to ensure that it gets used fully & doesn't leave Cloud thinking it's sitting there doing nothing.

Plus, if we do find good players on tribes 1 - I also think we should give them the address/port number for tribes server 2 - that way we get some good games going with lots of players.

you're right about the release of tribes over here, by the way. Tribes 1 is going to be totally swamped with people methinks - this is a good thing; more people more longevity to the game, but it's nice to have the 'space' of the tribes 2 server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Jaguar

Its nice to know someone actually reads the mails i send them.

I sent a mail to cloud last night and asked for some new ctf levels

Scarab
    Scarabrae2
    iceridge2
    dangerous crossing2
    rollercoaster2
    deathcoaster
    etc etc

we do need new levels cos at our present play rate these ones will be worn out inside 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

Have you played these, Jag? Can you provide a cost-benefit summary of these maps limited to 500 words each? Double-spaced, 3 inch margins, in WingDings font please smile.gif

I'm well game to try new maps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

How about we just nick the map rotation list off the main Barrysworld CTF servers? They have a nice wide selection of maps there, and there are no particularly bad ones up - in fact, they're all pretty good.

We should put up a few new C&H maps as well, like Skyjack, purely on the basis that it's good for a laugh an odd time.

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

put tokays towers in tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

dont make the BW mistake of putting the 3 dangerous crossing maps on, one after the other, same with snowblind (which i hate!! heh) etc.....

most of the maps Jag said are pretty good..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Let's have some URLs then - the last maps I got were ones written for the WarWorld mod.

J.
    --

Advertisement