Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get your circle of friends discounts up to date now

Options
  • 18-11-2002 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Eircom will start charging for Alteration frm the 291102

or Else (para B read alone) they are locking it up on thursday the 28112002

See Here

(original thread deleted owing to muppet infestation)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Useful to know about Eircom's latest manoeuvre.

"(original thread deleted owing to muppet infestation)" - spoilsport! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

The way I read it, they're only charging if you make more than three changes to the nominated numbers in any 12 month period. Yes it's a sneaky way of getting a few more quid out of people, but who changes their friends four times a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by longword
    but who changes their friends four times a year?

As far as I know, no one would, unless you happened to be somone who makes and loses friends at the drop of a pin (In all honesty, I doubt any human being would do something like this... I'm not speaking for The Rat though...). This is yet another Eircom ploy to take more of our money... Surely this is illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭pepsiman

Originally posted by Muck
    Eircom will start charging for Alteration frm the 291102

See Here

Looking at the document this morning, it clearly say "To be removed" re. the paragraph concerning Circle of Friends. Have they backed down on it?

I've enclosed a screen print to be on the safe side :)

/Thomas

[Edit: My screen shot didn't make it...]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Has not Eircom Options made "Circle Of Friends" redundant years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

Isn't options for heavy usage customers? Circle of friends is for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by pepsiman
    Looking at the document this morning, it clearly say "To be removed" re. the paragraph concerning Circle of Friends. Have they backed down on it?

I read it the same way as you. What sayest thou Muck? Good old J.G.Ryan in backward motion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

upon rereading it it almost looks as if Circle of Friends will be FROZEN

If you remove para A you are left with para B (My Italics)

"Eligible Circle of Friends Calls Shall Not Be Eligible for further or other discounts."

In plain English, that which is eligible is not eligible.

SO

EITHER

If you get 10% off in circle of friends the number may not be further included in an options scheme for example (they are not worth 10% anyway unless you spend a fortune) or else !

OR / AND (damned if I know)

Circle of Friends is being abolished save for nominations existing as of the 28/11/02 close of business. If so you should get nominating by tomorrow week because you may not thereafter!

I seem to arrive at the same basic conclusion via your more likely premissory logic...

M

Advertisement