Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the 66 electric & polar

Options
  • 18-11-2002 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

up a tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.g
    tee hee

anyway.....

the 66 electric are releasing their debut ep 'i died in a movie' with a double headliner show in the temple bar music centre

ourselves polar will be playing on the night also

its the 4th of december so you've two weeks notice to pencil it into your diaries if you're interested, its a wednesday evening.

doors will be a t 7.30 as always and there'll be a dj playing for a while before we take the stage.

i reckon the tax is €7 but that hasnt been confirmed as of yet

and

copies of the 66 electric's ep will be on sale on the night

i have a really really good feeling about this gig... it'd be brilliant if you could all make it along, so hopefully, fingers crossed, see you all there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i'll have to make the trek from dundalk....i'll do me best!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

you are a legend among men!

and...

i love you...but dont tell anyone

awwwww...

i love you more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

i can't say I love either one of you, but the idea of going along to that there gig is making me the tiniest bit aroused.

mmmmm
    :D

• Advertisement

only the tiniest bit???

you#d wanna see how aroused i am bout that there gig

you wouldnt actually want to see

i can see this getting out of hand and being moderated....lets get back to the wonders of this here gig!!!

i'm hoping yis play south this time!!! hehe ... sorry i missed the gigs at the weekend ... i was under house arrest!

as for the 66e, looking forward to hearing more of their songs ... and i'll defo have to savew a few pennies so i can buy the ep ...

finally, i was on www.entertainment.ie and they are playing a free gig in tower records at 6pm on the friday (the 6th, by my reckonings...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

i hope you calm yourself down before Dec 4th, otherwise we could all be in for an eyeful!!!!

then i'd demand a refund.

...and take photos.

you'd have to talk to my agent (yeah right) bout doing those photos

tee hee

oh

bye bye idlewild on telly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

there is also beats and pieces from DJ Li, who is 66e through and through. Now if you will excuse me, finishing an EP and is the most upsetting, time and money consuming bohemoth we have ever met. truly, a cruel mistress.

be well

66e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rockchick

Are you guys any good ???? well obviously you're gonna say yea!:confused::confused:
    I mean what kinda music do you play ? like rock indie what ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

66e sound like a hybrid of poodle perm era Bon jovi, hall{but not quite oates}, post peter gabrial genisis and 'more then words' period extreme. All topped off with a john farnham the voice type call to arms......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

woo woo, giggage. polar and 66e, surely kings among men. oh no wait... that's carnies. nevermind.

if i'm not working, i shall dance along to this there concert. i may even practice sobriety. no guarantees on either statement.

oh, and the whole arousal thing.... oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy. i'll make sure i'll bring my birthday suit. after i iron it, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 oompa loompa

rockchick- go to the gig! you'll love it, only saw them once and wow twas fantastic!

will definitely be there in december! lookin forward to it :D

Originally posted by rockchick
    Are you guys any good ???? well obviously you're gonna say yea!:confused::confused:
    I mean what kinda music do you play ? like rock indie what ???

the 66e are awfully damn good!!!

i would say kinda alt/indie

email them at

the66electric@hotpress.com

and they might still have a promo cd for ya to listen to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i deffo wanna go to this
    what day is the 4th?
    which of the member of the 66e posts here
    i walked past the lead singer i think on my way to ranelagh the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i ahve heard a lot about 66e so i am gonna have to go and check them out soon

Originally posted by thedrowner
    i deffo wanna go to this
    what day is the 4th?

tis a wednesday

• Advertisement

you should have jumped on him for the laugh...screaming i love you!!!! i love you!!!

well,
    i would've laughed

I think if you had jumped on him he may have decked you, then felt a real sense of remorse, and then told YOU that he loved you...

If you want to find out what we are like, have a leap of faith and come along to the gig. This is the biggest thing we have ever done and its probably going to be (the night i met isabella rosselini permitting) one of the best nights of my life.

By the way, i am the drummer/keyboard/bass/guitar hybrid guy in the band. I could try to be cool, aloof and anonymous but phuck it.

66 are pregnant...

i deffo wanna go to this
    what day is the 4th?

No point in asking he'll only reply if you are gay / bi / curious...........

Bandit, have you been reading the Ads section in Hotpress again?

Must be into denim?

for those of ya wondering what the 66e are like

THE 66 ELECTRIC
    Molloy’s, Dublin

Battling against the overspill of the upstairs bar’s stereo, three fifths of Dublin based THE 66 ELECTRIC are fighting the cause of the acoustic underdog. But even sans rhythm section, the do just fine.

The solid base of well-crafted songs complete with aching melodies, meandering vocals, and evocative guitar lines set them far apart from the plethora of JJ72 cover bands currently choking up the Dublin circuit.

The atmosphere in Molloy’s basement adds considerably to the impact, with its low ceilings and flickering candlelight.

This intimate introduction was good, suggesting that the full band experience would be quite unmissable.

Hannah Hamilton.
    hot press

up ya pop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Al Higgins

Bandit,
    sorry i missed your drunken mess... i mean drunken birthday on saturday,
    I did enjoy your accurate description of the 66e.Maybe you should be our agent!?

i was just chancing my arm

• Advertisement

ur a gas man kurdt

Advertisement