Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worldcraft?

Options
  • 17-04-1999 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Reet, i used to make wads for doom and i had a goo at worldcraft on me old p60 with 8megs ram but the really was a bit too sh!te and slow. So, I'm baq at it on me 450. Now i got half life and some copy of worldcraft came withit. Now i take it this can edit both hl and quake. Well hl anywayz. Now the problem is, when i try and compile a map, worldcraft crashes with some dumb error msg and the work is lost. Any1 else had this prob?? Btw, i'm usin tha pile of s!ite, Windoz 98.
    FurY^cD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Did you ever think of saving your work first b4 compiling it tongue.gif
    I use WC on doze98 and have had no problems. What version do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

I'm using an older version of Worldcraft, and the thing crashes all the time for no apparent reason. Its actually grand on some maps. Think it might have trouble with very big maps or something. Not sure tho'.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well with WC (version with HL) I just save the map and have my own bat to compile it. After all you don't need to compile with WC.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

AhhhhHHHhhHHHhHHHAhhHHHH.........I c the lite, i think??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Did you make sure to set it all up correctly i.e. tell it where to find the bsp vis and light programs? This is ofcourse assuming you're using WC to run those proggies as opposed to your own batch file...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I've used WC v1.6, the only problems were that maps of any size took ages to compile (P2, 64MB, NT4) and there is a bug in the light sourcing module. Did you compile with or without the lights? I had to change the lighting program to 'Arghrad' before light sourcing would work.

BTW, I was using this around Christmas and was trying to compile Q2 maps. I havn't touched it since.

Ah - wait now. Never actually read the question. You're problem ain't a worldcraft problem - its a qbsp3 problem.
    Did the error mention the word 'leaked' by any chance ? smile.gif

Oh - wait now. Read it wrong the first time. Damn - I'm halfway through doing something else here smile.gif

Even if it is a worldcraft error, once you have the map done, quit out and see if you can find out where the file qbsp3.exe is (you may need to download the Quake utils pack, although WC should have it there somewhere).

Run the map name in qbsp3, and if you still get an error, its a map problem, otherwise its a worldcraft problem.

Advertisement