Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPC Server Unavailable.. Any ideas???

Options
  • 18-11-2002 5:01pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK guys here's one for ya... any suggestions gladly appreciated as this has been dragging out for ages and it starting to annoy everying in here.. especially me...

Have the Web based front end of a product running on an NT Server (SP6a) outside a Gauntlet firewall. The front end accesses a database on a seperate server running on NT 4 (SP6a). The database is running on MS SQL 2000 and is accessed using the standard ports through the firewall. All other ports are closed.

When trying to connect, we get the following error:

RPC Server unavailable...

Ive been onto to the support line of the company who make the product, they have tried their best but to no avail..

So now I turn to you guys who might be able to shed some light on the situation....

Tox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

rpc requires that port 113 be opened too ISTR (RPC need a port)

M

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Thanks Muck,

I'll give it a try..

Tox

Advertisement