Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV - Problems Tonight?

Options
  • 18-11-2002 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Usually I can connect to UTVip on the first try, but since around 6pm I've been trying with no luck. Keeps saying line is busy and I've tried it on 2 diff computers.

Anyone else, or is just poor me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Worked first time for me at 18:03 and connected since. Nice speed too, i think there has been more upgrades in the last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

no probs here as well pie,

i usually find it better to connect after 6.10 cause you have hundred's of thousands of people trying to connect at 6 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

I am still having problems, does area make a difference (in south dublin)

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Still can't connect. :[

Dunno if location matters but, Northside City Center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No problems in Waterford to-night or indeed lalety...maybe its a local thing.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

having a few problems here too.. I normally get a few busy signals, then it connects. About 1-2 seconds later it disconnects again and it normally reconnects after about 3/4 tries at the deplorable speed of 33k (I normally get 48k).

If it connects at 49.2k I know its going to disconnect within 5 minutes. I sometimes have to disconnect & dialup again because it wont access email/ftp servers etc...

I have noticed that it seems to be getting slowly worse however, a worrying finding :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I've found it ok, a bit dodgy for part of last week, but seems to have settled down. From time to time after 9pm its hard to get on at a decent speed, but mostly its better than most services and its saving a bloody fortune :)

P.

Advertisement