Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album Archive 21/11/02 8-9pm Phantom

Options
  • 18-11-2002 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Ben Folds - Rockin' The Suburbs

Ben Folds Five! There were only three of them! The wags!
    Well now there's only one, Mr. Folds himself, and we'll be taking a look at his debut solo album Rockin The Suburbs on this week's Album Archive. If one thing's for sure, its that it's impossible to look cool playing the piano, but by Jayzus, Ben Folds gets pretty damn close. Any of you out there who were forced by well-meaning parents into attending piano lessons in your youth and gave it up as soon as you could will be crying into your stereos when you get an earful of this record. The piano playing on this album is just phenomenal, but not in a "look how fast I can play" way. With Rockin The Suburbs, Ben Folds came up with a dozen fantastic tunes, dare I say a better collection than on any of the BFF albums. Don't believe me? Well cock your ear in your radio's direction this Thursday between 8 and 9 on Phantom and you'll hear what I mean. We'll have a few live cuts of the record's tracks as well, just in case you missed him at the Ambassador in September. And I'll bet that at least a few of you will regret the day you gave up yer Piano lessons.

Regards,

Rob

Advertisement