Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Music Radio Show

Options
  • 19-11-2002 2:37am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭

(BEST IRISH MUSIC RADIO SHOW)

Welcome to the voting of Boards.ie Irish Music Awards 2002.

There are 10 categories please vote in as many as you can.

Voting will close in 14 days time.

Best Irish Music Radio Show 32 votes

Petsounds (Today FM)
    0% 0 votes
    The Mystery Train (Radio One)
    56% 18 votes
    Here Comes The Night (Today FM)
    3% 1 vote
    Jay Aherne (2FM)
    18% 6 votes
    Dad Rock (Today FM)
    21% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Jay Ahern! Yeah! Give some credit to John Peel too.

At least that gimp Dave Fanning isn't in there. Man I can't wait til he gets the axe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

add peel and i'll vote 8)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by the_corpo
    add peel and i'll vote 8)

John Peel - BBC Radio 1?

I would love two, but correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t Peels show broadcasted around the UK?

please remember the name of the awards - Boards.ie IRISH music awards.

thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by monument
    John Peel - BBC Radio 1?
    I would love two, but correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t Peels show broadcasted around the UK?
    Yes it is, but then I live in Ireland and I can still hear it so I think it's as valid as any other show on Irish radio for inclusion.

Admittedly this is the 'Boards.ie IRISH music awards.' but you have, by your own desire, categories open to non-Irish material so I don't see why this show should be excluded purely because it's not Irish!

Furthermore (and vitally) you did go to pains to specify categories such as 'best IRISH artist', 'best IRISH music website' etc yet for this particular poll you merely titled it 'best music radio show'. Doesn't say anything about it having to be Irish-only shows so my vote is still valid by your own definition.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Ok PLEASE consider this poll’s name changed to BEST IRISH MUSIC RADIO SHOW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

What about Paul Clarke with ICon on Phantom? Best Irish music show that I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hagi1513

What about Dave Fannings radio show plays the best music and has the fab fifty every christmas

Advertisement