Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor/pc problem. Help Me Jebus!!

• 19-11-2002 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Turn off your computer, re-boot and let the os re-detect it and see if that solves your problem. Otherwise hold f8 select safe mode and then change the monitor refresh rate to 60, reboot and re-set accordingly, I really hope you haven't done damage to the purdy's :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Yup, assuming that you have a Windows OS on the machine yer best bet is to boot into safe mode and to adjust the monitor refresh rate...

Oh yeah, sobering up might also help ;-)

E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Had similar problem.

Try this.

Use manufactures original graphics card driver, not a generic one like Nvida publish + check site for updates.

Disable power managment in bios (or in windows if bios won't let you).

these were my two problems...

hope it helps

b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Why don't you bung in any old graphocs card, boot the box, and remove all drivers and references to the nvidia driver.
    What OS are you running?

E.

• Advertisement
Advertisement