Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thief!

Options
  • 22-04-1999 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

OK. I bought thief a while ago and played it as far as the Bonehoard mission. Then I decided I would not play the rest until I got a 3d accelerator (the flickering screen was annoying me a lot!).

ANyway, I loaned the game to a friend of mine who has a 3d card (the difference is incredible!) and he's been playing it. Now he's in the bonehoard, a bit beyond where I was but he's met big lizard thingies that breathe on you and kill you (just after the fire-arrows and the pressureplate trap).

Question: how do you kill the lizards? The fire arrows don't seem to be up for much against them and I really can't see a sword doing too much.

I'm actually not going to look at any more of the game, I will wait until I get the card and play it myself. (still, I wouldn't mind knowing about those lizards).

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DancesWithChimps

I got a loan of Thief from a friend and finished it. It's an enjoyable game. If I wanted one of those lizard *******s dead I just whacked him out of it with my sword. I found using broadhead arrows on them useless, and never bothered with fire arrows I just slapped the sh.ite out of them with the sword. It doesn't take too long and they don't hurt you that much. If you hold down the attack button with the sword and get a good few clatters in then they lie down quick enough.

Advertisement