Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ice @ Ifsc

• 19-11-2002 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Has anyone been to this event yet?
    On the radio this morning, I heard some people say it wasn't what they expected. Generally bad comments from everyone.
    Is there any photos of the ice rink, or the ice rink at smithfield?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think the IFSC one is a lot smaller than the Smithfield one, and it has that rotten fake snow blowing about the place, which would be quite annoying.

They're both a complete rip off at ten euro an hour, and I can't imagine a plastic rink being much good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Its next to our college doesnt look great. The ice isnt ice at all, looks more like laminated floor tiles although you can skate on it. Not worth a tenner it would be fun for about 5 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Yeah the surface is the biggest let down. It's just nothing like ice.

They pre-booked our christmas party there before we even had a look at it :( It really doesn't look like it will be worth the €11.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by damnyanks
    The ice isnt ice at all, looks more like laminated floor tiles although you can skate on it.

If I remember correctly its called "black ice". As you said, plastic tiles that fit together and are then sprayed with a chemical that when dry turns like ice. The sad reality is that it is in no way comparable to ice, your freedom of movement is incredibly restricted and you cant pull half the funky moves you can on real ice :D

Its a feasable solution for a nation without one decent ice-rink (or so they would have us believe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

has anyone been skating yet?

i was there at the weekend and it rocked. the snow machines are deadly!!

i didn't get to sit on Santa's knee tho, he was behind pushed around the ice on a sledge :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement