Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xwing Alliance - need suggestions

Options
  • 26-04-1999 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

okay - normally wouldn't bother looking for help, but this mission is seriously getting on my t1ts!

1st Rebel mission - proving grounds. In those damn useless y-wings. What is annoying me is that after some excellent and extremely enjoyable levels, I'm stuck with what seems to be unbelievable crap mission design. To recap :

3step mission.
    1) KILL THE EVIL CARGO PODS. Dastardly imperial evil cargo pods are floating in space doing ... nothing!. Oooh those bastids. Fly in, kill them. No defense. Takes maybe, 5-10 minutes to launch, hyperspace, kill evil bastid cargo pods. nuff said.

2) KILL EVIL IMPERIAL TRANSPORT THAT DOES NOTHING. bit more difficult. takes maybe 5-10 minutes to get in there & fling a few torpedoes that take FUPPIN AGES to get to the EVIL cruiser. It's dead - enter imperial forces who kick your wingmates ass as you get out of there.
    2a) optional - return to defiance and get more very slow missles. wonder if maybe you should have helped your wingmate cos you know whats coming in step 3.
    3) ATTACK MALICIOUS and EVIL Convoy.Um. I survive maybe for 2 minutes where these jokes of discounted, bargain-basement 1970s Star Trek Enterprise-shiite SHUTTLES come up and blow me away in microseconds.

Stop. Deep breath....wait for it, wait for it... repeat the whole damn stultifyingly boring mission! I would persevere but I cant face those plodding two steps.
    Help!Please!

Advertisement