Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with ms word

• 19-11-2002 11:58am

just wondering if anyone could help me with a minor, but yet very annoying problem that i have with my copy of ms word at home.
    you see if i want to delete a whole word paragrapgh, etc; the standard routine would be to highlight the word/sentance or paragraph i wish to get rid of and press either backspace or the delete key.
    however there is no reaction whatsoever when i do this.though significantly if i press the delete key on my keyboard, at the end of the screen is delete block: no(yes)
    indeed a small cursor seems to be flashing yet there is no reaction whatsoever if i click a mouse, etc: please someone if you could gladly tell me how to remove this delete block i would be extremely grateful. strangely, it is just microsoft word this occurs in and no other program on my MSoffice package like,pp, excel, etc.
    ps, also adding it is just of late that it has occured.

go raibh maith agat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DeSpamKiller

If I remember right u just highlight the paragraph, hit the delete key and hit y to confirm the block delete. Cant remember where the option is to turn off the confirmation thing permanently but long as u hit y after delete ur laffin..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

One quick search in Google revealed this:

How do I avoid getting the message "Delete Block No(Yes)" when I want to delete some text?

Applies to all versions of Word.

These are set so that people converting from WordPerfect can feel more at home with Word. Go to Tools, Options, General, and uncheck the "Help for WordPerfect users" and "Navigation keys for WordPerfect users" checkboxes.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 classy_stuff

Originally posted by morgana

How do I avoid getting the message "Delete Block No(Yes)" when I want to delete some text?

These are set so that people converting from WordPerfect can feel more at home with Word. Go to Tools, Options, General, and uncheck the "Help for WordPerfect users" and "Navigation keys for WordPerfect users" checkboxes.

Cheers

youre a starbar thanks very much ill try it later. im confident twil work cheers.

Originally posted by morgana

Cheers

thaks morgana. ill try that later cheers

Advertisement