Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Venables get dreaded vote of confidence..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Won't be long now, Terry..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

hes gone definitely ah well good riddance says me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

who do leeds get in his place then?

er..um...

Lots of untried or other crap managers to pick from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭Serbian

David O'Leary is a pretty good manager...

They will probably try to pinch a good 1st Division Manager or maybe even a manager from one of the 'lesser' Premiership teams. I think that Risdale will stick with him until after Christmas anyway, give him a chance to buy someone during the transfer window.

Although his results have been abysmal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

the situation at leeds is thus:

sacked o'leary.
    hired venables.
    in court over payments to o'leary
    venables doing shhite.

they cannnot get rid of venables, cos they'll have to pay out his contract. they can't feckin' afford it!

so venables will have to resign.

then, ridsdale may go, as he fired o'leary and he hired venables.

then dave o leary could come back, therefore loosing the court case, winning over (however temporary) fans, and not having to train in a new manager.

apperently mills slagged venables off in the dressing room too...

• Advertisement

most of the good first division managers are failed premiership managers, Paul Jewll, Harry Redknapp etc etc

I would be willing to bet my life on Dave O'L not getting the job back! I think Roy Keane is further up the list! Risdale clearly does not like him, and he is the key man making the choice!

Maybe Mick Mc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

most of the good first division managers are failed premiership managers, Paul Jewll, Harry Redknapp etc

Bad examples,Paul Jewell lead a team (Bradford) from nowhere into the premiership and keep them up the first season remeber they beat Liverpool on the last day of the season to stay up :)
    Paul Jewell left Bradford he was not sacked and they begged him to stay.

Harry Redknapp did a great job with west ham and made them a stable Premiership team alot better than there doing now,he left West ham due to an Arguement with the Chairman he was not sacked.

David O leary was on statistics the second best manager Leeds ever had,he made them an exciting team to watch in Both England and Europe and was sacked because he wouldnt defend two players who beat a person nearly to death for been a different colour.

and was sacked because...
    Not because he wrote a book about it the same issue to cash in and hence pissed off the upper management of the club and some of the players or because he spent an utter fortune and won feck all..
    Harry Redknapp did a great job with west ham
    No he did'nt! He made them solid, but they were going nowhere. If a club wants to be 'solid' then he is a good choice, but I think Leeds want to win things, not just keep their place in the middle of the table

anyway have a look for yourself at who is who managing in England..

http://www.footballtransfers.info/managers/guide.asp?nationID=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

West Ham have always been a selling club so I would say Harry did as well as could have been expected of him there. I think this is backed up by the fact his current team are clear leaders of the first division and he has made some shrewd signings to get them there. You are right about why O leary got sacked. That book was a very foolish move. It is a shame because the Leeds fans used to think he could walk on water, and Risdale and the players really respected him before the whole court case thing. I was at elland Road a few times during his reign and any time he stuck his head out of the dugout he got a big cheer. But I cannot see him going back there, I think relations have thawed by too much.

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND

No he did'nt! He made them solid, but they were going nowhere. If a club wants to be 'solid' then he is a good choice, but I think Leeds want to win things, not just keep their place in the middle of the table

anyway have a look for yourself at who is who managing in England..

http://www.footballtransfers.info/managers/guide.asp?nationID=1

Solid is better then relagated,and yes he's currently managing the runaway first divison leaders, anyway this isnt a thread about Harry Redknapp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Gordon Strachan next leeds boss.

Cheap and fans love him.

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Originally posted by kdja
    Gordon Strachan next leeds boss.

Cheap and fans love him.

kdja

that is an excellent prediction,id love to see the current odds of that.definitely worth a gamble.

i still think it is going to be mccarthy

yea there going from one washed up former international manager to Another :)

exactly exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

oh dear.

2-0
    the boy he sold does a lot of the damage.

leeds are ****.

venables = is bollixed

Advertisement