Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in a band...

Options
  • 19-11-2002 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

had any interesting misspellings/mispronounciations of your band name? I know there's a couple of sites dedicated to misheard song lyrics (www.kissthisguy.com) but I was just curious as to any experiences anyone's had.

The most common one we (Someday) get is 'Sunday'. And when I say most common I mean all the bloody time. When people ask me the name of the band I've taken to saying 'Someday S-0-M-E-D-A-Y'. Ah well, at least it's short enough.

;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

yeah, lol, for otranome's first gig The Temple Bar Music Centre called us "ULTRA KNOME" still sticks to this day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Ultra Knome!! Thats a great name!!! I suggest you keep it!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

or Ultra Gnome ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

pole-star

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

We are called Sleeves Mahoney, and the amounts of variations on that is unbelievable. We've been called by different people : Sleeze Sahoney, Sleeze Mahogany, Sleeves Maroney, Sleeves Mahogony, Sleeve Mahoney. GRR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

the murder of cows, kill the crows, the dead crows.... sooooomething to do with crows and our first press last week in the tallaght echo (woo!) we were called Murder the Crows, not too shabby... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Anytime I say "kid icarus" people just look at me as if I've just sneezed instead of saying my band's name ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

Bless you.

The Ultra Knomes...that'd be a class name for a german speed metal outfit...that used to be 'the Knomes' and play Cardigans-style music, but then their female lead singer left and the guitarist took over vocals and they became the ULTRA-knomes.

That's what I reckon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Someone once misheard my name 'Mumblin Deaf Ro' as 'Woman on death Row'. Can you imagine calling yourself that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

s.ache "sake" instead of the proper f.ache "fake"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Low-key instead of Loki, feckers

Advertisement