Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gorgeous girl i dont see anymore

• 19-11-2002 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

does any one have any advice on this niggling thing that has bothered me with the last year and a half. the story goes like this.

when i started college about a year and a half ago, i saw this really beautiful girl the day i registered. what sticks in my head most was the smile she gave me that day. a real stunner. anyway, this girl although she seems shy we used to make this real flirty eye contact with each other. well im not a man who has the gift of the gab but today i rue the day i never in 5 months made the effort to chat to her. shes left the college now since january and for a month i didnt see her, until one day as i walked in to a shop, whammm, there she was again working in the shop. of course there was a queue of people in the siopa so i couldnt make conversation. i promised id go back though. unfortunately on the numerous occasions i went back she was not serving behind the counter, and there was to be another bit of a surprise though in a different and probably the most unusual place of all. my local pub. 20 miles out in the countryside from her home town. i got a look off her that blew me away with how a girl could be so gorgeous..man she looked hot that night. obstacle no2, she was drinking with her folks. went home a happy man though just on seeing her and after the vibes she gave off.

finally the anti-climax. a happy moment came this summer when i got her number. man, dont ask me how, but i did it. and with no great difficulty either strange enough. later on that evening i said 'here goes nothing and txtd her.
    the first text when i look back on it was sad. it went something like 'hey cute one' [\b] with her 1st name. she replied the usual
    'who is this'.[\b].
    i replied secret admirer[\b].
    then she said 'ah feck off with your crap, who is this' [\b]
    so i told her who i was, and where i was from to jog her memory perhaps.
    it was all to know use unfortunately. it was to be the last sms i was lucky to get from her. it kills me tho coz i got so many signals. i texted later that wkend and still nothing. i havent texted her in ages and im asking your advice as to whether i should or not. what do you think.its a bit of a killer as shes literally disappeared off the face of the planet since. id love to meet her agin and this time get the answer ive been looking for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

Perhaps leave it all die down a few weeks until she 'forgets' your inappropriate approach. Then try the places you saw her last, if you dont get lucky, try texting her again but not admitting it was you the last time. Even if she does think it was you, she'd be prepared to forget about it, that is if she is at all interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Turn on SMS Delivery notice. If no delivery report, she might not use that number anymore. If she's getting the txt's and still not replying, forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Why do people always text!
    I know it may be hard but ring the girl and actually talk to her! You'll then know for definite what she thinks and can get on with your life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Just call the bloody number.

And next time someone asks "who is this" to a text - don't reply with the 12 year old text flirting approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

If she didn't reply, forget her. If she's not decent enough to tell you she's not interested, then don't bother with her anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

get a new sim card [if shes really worth the money] txt her from the new number, if she says didnt u txt me a few weeks ago, tell her ur mate nicked the number and was takin the piss. yes....yes....its all coming together..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

i agree with Jim, waste money and act like a total hannial psycho type person till shes gets a restraining order and bada bind bada boom, you have your answer. HAPPY STALKING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

It seems that she never even gave you her number???

ffs. Some girls are just nice.

Stop scaring the girl and act like a sane human being and talk to her.
    Don't call her out of the blue like some freak stalker...

Jesus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

phone her and ask her out for a night out. pfah..... men! SISSIES THE LOTTA THEM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Chaos-Engine
    It seems that she never even gave you her number???

ffs. Some girls are just nice.

Stop scaring the girl and act like a sane human being and talk to her.
    Don't call her out of the blue like some freak stalker...

Jesus...
    what he said...
    I know one or two girls who got unsolicited text messages similar to yours-it can freak them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

yeah just ring the girl it is not that hard to do i mean u just ring and go "hello........."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Phone her!

It better not be my gf tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

don't text her or try to trick her into a conversation. its creepy.

phone her.
    say, hi, its classy_stuff, are you busy?

yes i'm busy - see ya later

no - go for it!

people are never too busy to talk to someone they want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Originally posted by classy_stuff
    it went something like 'hey cute one' [\b]

You said that- and expected a serious reply? Oh dear. If someone texted me with something like that I'd be on the phone screaming abuse- no I wouldn't, I would just ring the Police give them the number and tell them to make it stop.

RING THE GIRL. Why is it that everyone is obsessed with texting? I tell ya, it's the scurge of modern society that will lead in the future to people being very astute textationalists who in the flesh cant string a sentence together. It's true I tell you, it's true.......Not the white coats, anything but the white coats.... argghhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

"Once more with feeling"
    Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

A)

Ring her up. Tell her everything. Tell her the truth. Make a god damn effort.

B)

Bury it into a little ball, repress it, and let it slowly drag your life into hell as you regret not trying hard enough.

A) will make a fool of yourself undoubtedly. But, I'd rather make a fool of myself than wonder for the rest of my life how it could have turned out, how I missed out. If you choose B)...well, good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

let it go.....she knows who you are and she chose not to reply....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Stand outside her house and text her. If that doesn't work ring the house and then tell her what she has on (so she knows you care). Make sure you murder and bury her parents in the back garden before you ring though in case they get in the way. That always works, don't forget to ask her what her favorite scary movie is.

Oh wait you wanted to meet her and not freak her out?

I would say forget about ringing her. You've messed up and ringing her is probably only going to make matters worse. If you are going to speak to her I would recommend doing so in public with loads of people around (so she is not further freaked out) and take no intrest as just that and move on. Certainly apologise for being a prat with the text message.

Oh, and don't mention all the photos you have on your bedroom wall and the shrine to her, they never understand about those things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Oh, and don't mention all the photos you have on your bedroom wall and the shrine to her, they never understand about those things.
    Jeez
    something like that happened to me once-pretty freaky..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Typedef
    "Once more with feeling"
    Get over it.

oh touchè....

let me rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Stand outside her house and text her. If that doesn't work ring the house and then tell her what she has on (so she knows you care). Make sure you murder and bury her parents in the back garden before you ring though in case they get in the way. That always works, don't forget to ask her what her favorite scary movie is.

nah what ya wanna do is get a can of oil, pour it on front of her grass, spelling her name, and light it, then when she come sout you say 'hi'

always works :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 classy_stuff

well, i suppose if i see her around ill make the effort. my god that pickup line was bloody horrendous at the intro no doubt. i wouldnt have replied to that. ive got off with plenty of girls in past and never have any problems. its only the last year or so ive taken a bit of a self esteem knock i suppose because i realise how some girls can dangerous fuc;kin teases or sh*t stirrers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by hussey
    nah what ya wanna do is get a can of oil, pour it on front of her grass, spelling her name, and light it, then when she come sout you say 'hi'

always works :cool:

Certainly worked in American Beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ud think shes the only AND most beautiful and blah blah but the thing is there will be people better looking i think .........
    i know actually , youd think there the one but then pop comes another one the next month :p

Anyway , id let it go , she didnt write back ..............

Let that be a lesson , if your intrested in some one NEVER use the txting thing or the net ..........i never have but i know the consiquences if i did .

Advertisement