Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bloody Joggers!

Options
  • 19-11-2002 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Tonight on the way home I drove down a back road between the new and old Tramore roads, in the gloom was fecking jogger with
    not a single reflector or even bright singlet on his person. It was gone 5 pm, the rain was falling. The road in question is covered by trees and so is dark anyway, dont these people realise how close to death or at least injury they are?! :mad:

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Stupid isn't it ?

I know the road you're talking about. I am a motorist and a jogger myself, however, I have the good sense to wear bright clothes and night and never run where theres no footpath. These people are asking to be killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Close to becoming a hood ornament :confused:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Don't forget those weavy people on bicycles, one of them was nearly a notch on my bumber last night. Evidently traffic signals and the rules of the road don't apply to them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

It cuts both ways with cyclists, I'm afraid. On my way in to work today a taxi overtook me and turned left in one manouver forcing me to stop dead. I have a bright yellow reflective coat so it's not as if he didn't see me - just couldn't be bothered.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

True as well i'm afraid, some people don't understand that bikes have the right to be respected on the roads as well. In short, you get plonkers in every type of vehicle. Must remember that the next time i get on a plane! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

15-12 years ago i got a wee bit upset when the government decided to change alot of the street lights in Dublin from daylight white to
    mugger & prostitute orange ,(thought id moved into a red light district at night ) (i moved into a back room in the end to get some sleep)
    I rang them & was told it was seven time more energy efficient , thats well & good for the enviroment n all,
    But i can't see a damn thing on the road , is it a bag or a body ,i'll run it over anyway , soon find out . :eek:
    would white lights in dublin stop people form rushing home when its dark ( or am i just waving a Red flag infront of a bull here)

Where has the respect for each other on the roads gone
    soonner the north cannal & south cannals become a bike & bus only area the better , before we all beat each other up with bats for "cutting me off"
    Its still a king in a car material weath attidude out there .
    Wish me luck , im off to put my life in 1/4 off the cities drivers

Should every school child be given sycyatric analsys thoughout school on the basis of them getting behind a tonne of metal @ seventeen & think they are on a go-kart track?
    methinks so .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by s10
    before we all beat each other up with bats for "cutting me off"
    Its still a king in a car material weath attidude out there .

I think of myself as a fair and aware driver. I only cut off people when they skip a long queue.

BTW, I agree with ya about the orange night lights, very hard to see things. What was driving with the old lights like?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

they still have them on the road from terenue to rathfarnham ,the rathfarnham side/hill . road is to big/wide to have been replaced.
    it made halloween in my estate like HALLOWEEN.

looking in to the sky on a cloudy night in dublin is like looking in the clouds of hell
    (bad lighting was the reason america said fec off to power emmisions :)

I think of myself as a fair and aware driver.
    (& i think most boards.ie drivers are , don't know any of them but it would not fit the profile )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

I agree about the lighting issue - those orange lights are hazardous - they make it more difficult to see anything cos they create very bad shadows. Also, because of the colour, they can disguise some colours very well, making it almost impossible to see people/cars/obstacles in some situations.

They should bring back the white lights, regardless of cost or energy usage - saving lives is far mroe important than saving money imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Chimaera
    I agree about the lighting issue - those orange lights are hazardous - they make it more difficult to see anything cos they create very bad shadows. Also, because of the colour, they can disguise some colours very well, making it almost impossible to see people/cars/obstacles in some situations.

They should bring back the white lights, regardless of cost or energy usage - saving lives is far mroe important than saving money imho.

Did'nt those controversial Dublin route signs that the minister objected to suffer under the yellow streetlights as colour-coding on the signs disapearred causing confusion.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Legbreaker
    Don't forget those weavy people on bicycles, one of them was nearly a notch on my bumber last night.
    Cyclists and pedestrians are the victim of many more accidents than they cause.

Advertisement