Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kali games...

Options
  • 11-04-1999 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all...

remember a while back there was a group of us that used to play D2 and other things on a regular basis? usually sunday evenings...
    It was a lot of craic smile.gif
    How about starting something like that again?
    what game is everyone playing nowadays?
    If theres a server again, we really should use it smile.gif

Anyone wanna suggest another game time? how many are still out there?

I just think that it used to be a lot of fun and we really should get another regular gaming session going again...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

play quake smile.gif
    install quake off the cd, and d/l and run this file:
    (about 800 k)
    ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/packages/idgames2/planetquake/quakeworld/qw230.exe

then, run "qwcl.exe", and type "connect quake.indigo.ie"
    smile.gif#

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Iljalat

Hehe - sure, ive played quake on the irish servers a bit, but if u want to get into the quake scene you need a serious amount of time to practice and get good. everyone else has been playing it about 4 years, so youve always got a bit of a handicap.
    Without mentioning pings smile.gif
    I may sound silly, but i dont play quake for the same reason itd be no fun for a 80 year old to race against professional sprinters...

and its not as good as Desecnt 2 either smile.gif
    doesnt have the same strategy or spatial 3D fun..
    Its much more reflexes and knowing the map, and serious practice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Yeah quake1 is too vicious to get into...but yous lads should try quake2...its more fun and the people there are newer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

Quake is dead , long life half-life and Team Fortress Classic , man is it good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Iljalat

Shh, you mutter stuff like that round the quake boards youll never know what hit you!
    These men have rocket launchers, you know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Armand

I wish I could say Quake was dead..but you can believe it ain't......
    Even with the release of Q3 on the horizon, Q1 is still hanging around and still one of the most popular games played over the net....even if there are better games out there.....

PS Lads check out the Descent 3 Demo if you haven't already....it rocks...and it happend to be on the best games ever to be played over the net...lag is almost none existant!!!!

"A closed mouth gathers no foot."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

I use have two accounts one with tinet and on with iol. I connect to tinet at 115bps where as I connect to iol at 33.6. I have played tfc on one server with a ping of 1450 and then I reconnected using tinet on the same server and I got a ping of 300 , Class or what , so no matter what mutli -player game you play use a tinet account!

Anybody with the same experiences ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

Yes IOL suck very much at everything they do, apart maybe from marketing a **** product.

Advertisement