Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSDOS command line question.

• 19-11-2002 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Hi There!
    Is there anything I can do to MS-DOS to make it possible to scroll back thru all the previous command lines typed by simply pressing the 'up' arrow. I'm able to do this in UNIX so I thought it should be possible to do this in DOS. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

get win2k. you can do it on that version. xp also has it to. there may be third party command prompt replacments out there but ive never looked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

If you type 'doskey' and hit return that should do it. At least i think thats the command, i could be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

NT or later NT derived OSes do this. For 9x or DOS (if available ... wasn't in earlier M$DOS - can't remember when it appeared, where 3rd party utils for this in the early days) run DOSKEY.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if you're running windows 9x, just put doskey anywhere in the autoexec.bat file, you won't have to type it in again then

Advertisement