Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Corrupt Cabinet File"

• 19-11-2002 8:10pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok,

Here I am again with the same problem I had a while back. I still have not solved it.

Computer:

AMD Athlon 2400+
    256MB PC 2700 CL 2.5
    KT3 ULTRA-2 motherboard( I think)
    Tried 2 different hard disks that had different operating systems(Windows 98 and 2000)
    Tried 2 different CD ROM Drives.

Problem:

When trying to install programs, unzip archives, install from exe's (Just about anything) I get a corruption error message of some kind. When I try to install the same thing on my dad's machine it works fine, I even switched CD-ROM drives, copied the files to the desktop and then ran them. Made sure the CD-ROM was slave etc.... What the hell is going on ??

Slaan.

E.g I tried installing the java SDK 1.3.1_02 and it told me the cabinet file was corrupt but when I tried it on dad's computer it worked !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

these files .cab are a weak MS effort from around 1995 to steal the winzip franchise, essentially they are Bills .zip

they may be associated with winzip or winrar , try to open a cab file with the expand.exe command and see if it is really corrupt

installing winzip again may clear a duff file association for you

Advertisement