Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom send round the heavies...

Options
  • 19-11-2002 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

Recieved a visit from two Eircom heads tonight (well i didnt but my mother did, was out). Came about me switching the phone over to UTVip. Id say the were wondering where that €350 - €450 every bill was gone to.

They said they were interested in "making me an offer" to come back to Eircom. (?) Does anyone know what this might be? Has had a similar visit about switching to another provider because of net charges? Personally i wouldnt be interested unless it was something groundbreaking like 24/7 unlimited flat-rate access in same price bracket or a higher speed option 24/7 again for not that much more. I doubt they would have either of these in mind, most likely just, we will offer to match UTV and stagnate after we have u back. This at least i will make very clear, im for changing only with truely progressive products (resonably priced).

The aulone explained she knew nothing about it and that they should call back and see me. I wonder will they. Or are these two just ticking names and running through their list with nothing real to offer and not that bothered if people come back. If they werent it would mark a significant change in their thinking, wouldnt it? Anyway ill call tomorrow and see what the story is.

Again anyone else know what this offer is (not an old one, id imagine this is something new)? Important to know. Btw, UTV stay on yer toes, i dont think relying on loyalty in that business is prudent.

_______
    Dotsie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They said they were interested in "making me an offer" to come back to Eircom.

This may be an offer you can't refuse, I fear you'll be swimming with the fishes very soon now...:D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Aren't they under investigation currently for such off book pricing/offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea but it's more than likely their AMAZING subscription service :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Cumon, ive gotta imagine its at least an offer to match UTV. Its its anything else ill just burst out laughing in their faces.

_______
    Dotsie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

post their name number and email in here so we can all 'avail' of this fabulous offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

jesus -- let me understand they VISITED you -- i mean 2 guys got in a car or van and CALLED around, i mean have they heard of the web, email, internet -- i mean the thing they are selling...

why didnt they just set up a freephone or locall for you to ring...

this company is the most bizarre company in the entire universe

is it just me or does anyone else here think the concept of have 2 yes two people call around means they may have a little overbudget headcount issue...2 people for 400 euro -- that is scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fuzzbucket

Originally posted by Dangger
    Aren't they under investigation currently for such off book pricing/offers?

Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I'm sure the Slamming thread was created because of this, but I'll post this quote here:
    Slamming is defined as a customer being moved operator without their knowledge: either by mistake, or by misrepresentation (obviously misrepresentation is what I and others have been alluding to.) A customer can move services by either signing an application form, providing their details over the Internet, or by using a voice system called third party verification.

The form goes to eircom wholesale, who: a) provision the CPS; and b) send a loss notification to the losing operator. The only thing that the losing operator is allowed do is send the customer an anti-slamming letter (to ensure that the customer has not be moved without their knowledge). The losing operator does not know who the customer has gone to, and is not allowed make any winback attempt.

Judging by this definition, does this not make what Eircom are doing (making a winback attempt) illegal? Surely calling to your door is sort of an intimidatory tactic. I mean, it is easy to ignore an email or a letter, but when two representatives call to your door, it is very possible that some people may feel intimidated by this and just accept whatever offer is made to them.

Not sure which thread this post really belongs in :p

Serb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
    jesus -- let me understand they VISITED you -- i mean 2 guys got in a car or van and CALLED around, i mean have they heard of the web, email, internet -- i mean the thing they are selling...
    esat recently sent round two 'feens' begging people to change over, seemingly going to every house in the park ....
    man they're desperate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is internet telephony the new double glazing?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by parasite
    esat recently sent round two 'feens' begging people to change over, seemingly going to every house in the park ....
    man they're desperate

Had one of them on Saturday afternoon last at 5.30pm. I'd swear the same fella was here about 3 weeks ago selling a membership card for "the bohemian" in douglas or four star pizza or something. Asked him would he throw in a bit of free dsl. hes coming back to me last Monday about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Muirthile

I too received a visit from an eircon heavy (who arrived in a eircon branded saloon car) this evening. Didn't bother opening the door though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Been very busy Wed. & Thu. so i havent had time to call about this offer they have. Btw, who should i call? Sales? Will they know what im talking about even? Ive a feeling its the kind of place where the left hand hasnt a clue what the rights up to. Its 6pm now.

______
    Dotsie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hehe that would be funny if ppl started calling Eircom.
    "Hi Im a UTVip customer, if i want to switch back to Eircom, what are u guys willing to offer me?" haha

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Has anyone actually received one of these offers from Eircom? I'd be interested in hearing about it, i.e. whether they're offering something outside the standard packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gmidgely

Hi all

I used to work for an Eircom subsidory, but I dont now, so I can spill the beans, before I left, I was chatting to one of the blokes in the Internet dept and he said they were worried about Utv and Esat BT, its seems that they have stirred something. I think this cold calling is their admittance to being frightened. As to the wonderfull offer they have, all well and done, but if they admit to try and sell something, you can chat to a solicitor. This kind of cold calling is illegal, intrusion to the home, simply because they did not make an appointment!!

I, like all am waiting for a sensible Broadband offer and fingers crossed, we might have one before 2009 (who knows???)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

they better be frightened :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

VERY Frightened :D

especially coz their adsl pings are sooooo slow, and the gamers have heard about it now.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

especially coz their adsl pings are sooooo slow, and the gamers have heard about it now
    Appears to be the case alright. I'm looking for some comparison ping speeds here. I don't think any Eircom DSL customers are getting ping speeds of 16ms to the UK.

Luckily I don't see too many ratmobiles around my area, but I'm sure they'll be after me now I've unbundled the line and gone with Esat. Anyone got any spare rat poison?

Now if there were some way to get €ircon completely out of the equation......

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Now if there were some way to get €ircon completely out of the equation......

see here
    However in the course of the conversation I mentioned that I was so pi**ed off at Eircom that if someone else offered to take over my line and charge more line rent than Eircom I would still avail of it just to deprive Eircom of the money.
    To my suprise the sales person said that ESAT would be able to take over my line rent in a few months!!!!

JWT

• Advertisement
Advertisement