Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suit

• 19-11-2002 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I’m looking to rent an unorthodox, flashy, super-cool :D suit. Like the ones from “Dumb & Dumber” or like the white one with the hat P. Diddy was wearing on the MTV awards the other night. Anyone know where I could rent something like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ahh suits you sir!!
    sorry im not very helpful. there's prolly not a huge demand for something like that so i doubt they'd be readily available for rent. try a suit hire place and see if they can advise where u might get something not so run-of-the-mill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Theatrical supplies maybe.

It is usually the case that the type of thing that you want will be extraordinarily expensive. I tried to get a Victorian style 3/4 coat and it was practically impossible to find or very very expensive when I did find it.

However I went to a theatrical supplys place off Baggott Street in Dublin and they had some to rent, I almost placed an order for the maker of the coat in England but that fell through.

I will try and find the number for you if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think there are 2 costume-type shops near GraftonSt., try the golden pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Thanks guys, Yeah i taught it would be quite hard to rent something like that but i never taught of a costume rental place thanks for the help.

Gordon if you've got the number i'll take it but don't go to any trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Heh, I really want one of those Dumb & Dumber style suits for my Debs tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Dublin costume company
    16A eastmoreland lane
    Dublin 4
    01 668 5200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Originally posted by Gordon
    Dublin costume company
    16A eastmoreland lane
    Dublin 4
    01 668 5200