Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone help me?

• 19-11-2002 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have nero and cannot put .mov files onto VCD? i need to convert it to something else like .avi or something i guess, anyone know how to do this? A program or something? any help would be apreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Erm, you could do a google search for avi2vcd, that'll convert a qualifying movie file into the correct size and format for VCD.
    Although I'm not sure if it'll convert the file you have, ".mov" suggests that it's a Quicktime movie, so I'm at a complete loss there.

But aswell as that, you have to have the proper file/folder layout on the CD (etc.) for the VCD to work... recent versions of Easy CD Creator have a program to walk you through creating a VCD and then burn it for you.
    The only time I bothered trying to burn a VCD, it didn't work... the CD burned fine, everything else went well but my DVD player wouldn't load it, bleh... be prepared to waste a few CD-R's in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

The only time I bothered trying to burn a VCD, it didn't work... the CD burned fine, everything else went well but my DVD player wouldn't load it, bleh... be prepared to waste a few CD-R's in the process.

Same thing happened to me, made it find apparently but nothing on the DVD (yes the DVD can play CD-R's and VCD's) ... a lot of time and effort out the window ... BTW VCD quality can be brutal ... (depends on how many VCD's you want to make)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

yet again that same problem happened to me while creating a VCD , works fine on the pc alrite but when it comes to a dvdplayer that supposidly plays VCD's , no disc found , did take me two cds though to copy hannibal , so that could be the prob!!!!! in answer to ur question , i have no answer , just thought id give my two cents bout copying VCD's....soz:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I burn vcds.. seems to me that ure problem is that its a .mov file or as suggested maybe quicktime file or whatever !
    If its .avi downloaded on the internet u,ll have to reincode to mpeg for vcd or mpeg 2 for svcd. Search on google for tmpg encoder ! Freeware i still think !
    .avi is divx basically isnt it.. Just burn a cd iso file and it will play on pc but not dvd player !
    It also depends fully on the dvd player .. compatibility issues with the brand of cdrs ure using or just its a plain old ****e dvd player !
    My m8.s sony 300 snots worth will play vcds but only originals has issues with some cdrs !
    My dvd player 130 plays everthing i throw at it strange !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

A quick check at vcdhelp turns up this tutorial with the help of a couple of freeware apps.Trusting this is what you are looking for.

http://www.vcdhelp.com/mov2avi.htm

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement