Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW Films

• 19-11-2002 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the new BMW advert/mini movies?

They are free to download from the BMW site www.bmwfilms.com and are well worth the download if youve got the bandwidth!

The two released so far are Hostage, directed by John Woo and Ticker, direcet by Joe Carnahan......fantastic stuff altogether.

go take a look if youve got the bandwidth.

Theres some older ones that dont show off the new roadster but I havent had a chance to check them out yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Only seen Ticker so far. Really good though. I thought the last batch were great (if you ignore the fact they are ads :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I came across them there myself and have some d/ling. Theres some really impressive names involved, with tony scott/john woo directing, tony scott/ridley scott producing, gary oldman staring etc.

I would warn though that the "enhanced versions" weigh in at about 100-130MB, although there are a number of options for lesser version.

From what I can make out there are 8 made so far, 5 from season 1 and the 3 in season 2 promoing the Z4 Roadster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

just watched ransom, d/l the other 2 right now (gotta love college:D)
    /edit
    that james brown one is utterly mad, prolly my pick of the 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Evil Evil Evil! I hate ads with ideas above thier station! :mad:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The original 5 were very good indeed, saw them all in work last year. I keep forgetting to go look at the other new one :)

Mike, whats your problem with them exactly? They dont really make any qualms about being ads (unlike the recent Lucky Star thing).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I should say I have'nt seen the ads in question but given the names I can imagine the approach, ie make the programmes or films they accompany look cheap! Its the ads that I expect to make programmes look good not the other way round.

Advertising recesion what advertising recesion?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

If you didn't actually know it was a promo it would just seem to be a series of "independent" short films. Theres no gratuitous "buy this car" going on. Also theres supposed to be some sort of subplot compo going on. Anyway details are on the webby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if anything they almost make the car look bad, it gets a serious hammering in ticker and the driver pulls a few iffy handbrakes in the hostage one

Advertisement