Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maps for CArena?

Options
  • 26-04-1999 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

I mentioned this before on the quake board (and someone said they were doing one). anyway, I've had a look around and I can't find any ca specific maps but I have found a few DM maps (and a CTF map or two) that would make lovely CA maps. If they were 'altered' (and I have checked that the author has given permission to do it).

Anyway. What is the easiest - to -use, but still decent map utility?

Any suggestions on where I could get a good tutorial on teleporters and moving bits and things?

Chrome.. Could you post the URL for that map decompiler? 'twould be useful..

I would be happy to discuss any changes I intend to make and take any help offered (I'm not very good at map editing but I am good at map ideas..)

J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

OK. I have found a few nice maps. BUT.

One question. How many start points should a CA map have (DM3 has 7 as far as I know). The majority of maps seem to have 6 starts.

Anyway, maps that I like the look of so far:

Ztndm3
    Ztndm6
    Odd2
    naked5

mainly they are very interconnected. Some seem a wee bit small and others seem way too big. If you want the maps (if you're too lazy to d'load them yerself smile.gif ) let me know and I'll mail them to you.

J.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Actually I have been commissioned to do an altered dm3 for Ca by Dev. I found a map decompiler on cdrom.com (eventually) and it does the job but not perfectly. I'll mail you an addy for it Loly when I get home (me at work on OT - boo hoo).
    I can also give you a full run down on how to insert teleporters in your map if needs be (back to my level editing days) and anything else you need to know. Just let me know what editor you are using etc. and what exactly you need to know.

M

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just something I noted...

I think CA Spawns at what yould normally be items in the game (I dunno, I was testing a map on a CA Server and it kept spawning everyone at items rather than respawn points...)

I'm still trying to find time to do mine (I was the one who said they were doing one LoL). Maybe this summer... curlydav.gif

And that's all I have to say about that.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

post the damn map decompilers
    plleaseeee
    god smile.gif

later smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Children these days.

So demanding...