Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if there was one band you'd love to see play live who'd it be?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

i'd love to have seen nirvana way back when.
    as for living bands, i'd love to see metallica, and i wish i'd gone to ozzfest and witnness because i missed tool, soad, slayer, green day, foo fighters!! gah!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gonzalez

I have to admit that never seeing the Stone Roses live still kills me. They just had this synergy thing going cos they were and are pretty mediocre as individuals Otherwise, it has to be the Counting Crows for me, i'll end that in January please God. Oh and ****e, i've never seen Pulp, which is ridiculous. I'd love to see Sunrise live (the Pulp song, not some obscure seventies band from Sweden who were killed in a skiing accident).

Otherwise out of the question ones are: The Smiths, Rory Gallagher and of course, our very own Thin Lizzy..

(i saw Badly Drawn Boy tonight and he was absolutely deadly and i told him so. God i'm stoned)

Can't wait for Doves next month...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

will we get a little cure posse and go over to london for the next gig????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Wools

erm... Faith No More!

Wools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

no plans for anymore live dates in UK at the moment...but no doubt they will be playing some gigs to promote the new album next year.......actually, there is talk of a special event in the UK next year to celebrate 25 years of existence....a gig with all ex Cure members playing on stage...fantastic !

You might see The Cure in ireland again but they really need to play somewhere like the olympia or Ambassador and stay away from the likes of the Point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

god i'd love to see faith no more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Kurdt go on to msn

by the way i would love to see Weezer and The Smashing Pumpkins

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

placebo
    pixies
    zwan
    umm... & loads more that i can't remember cause my brain stops functioning after 3.55pm on friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

word says zwan will be here next year.

yes, bring back the pixies and stone roses

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Um, Tool. I saw them at Ozzlessfest and they were great. I cried cos I'd wanted to see them for soo long and I'd had to listen to Mister 120 Minutes going on about them (even though it was me who introduced him to Tool and their wondrous ways) and it was such a happy, happy moment......

BUT!!! at the minute, I'm pretty content with hauling myself off my sofa to go see the following:

Polar

Johnny Pyro

aaaaand.......that's it. Very little impresses me but these guys do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

It'd have to be They Might Be Giants... I missed them when they came over a few years back, being to young to even attempt to impersonate an 18 year old but my big bro assures me they were fantastico!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Currently id like to see weezer live
    from the past I would have loved to see whipping boy, jeff buckey the pixies or stone roses live
    Also the clash and sex pistols punk was much better in the seventies

BY the way for the person wanting to see the clash reform (Bandit I think) word is that it could be posibble as they are rumered to be reforming for thier induction in to the rock and roll hall of fame and after that who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

I would love to have seen the smashing pumpkins, a band i'm obsessed with, before they split, on the siamese dream tour, or jeff buckley. alas it will never be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

Originally posted by sodiumlightbaby
    You might see The Cure in ireland again but they really need to play somewhere like the olympia or Ambassador and stay away from the likes of the Point.
    i mailed one of the websites the other day about whether there'll be any ireland tour dates but they haven't got back to me yet. if i hear anything i'll tell you though. :)
    sHep :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

I think it would have to be David Bowie around 1974 just when Diamond Dogs was released or Alice Cooper about the same time 73/74. That was rock. Of course it would have been great to see Depeche Mode when Vince Clarke was in. Hmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Al Higgins

My top three unseen acts

Pj Harvey
    Smog
    Bright Eyes

Plus I have to see the Flaming Lips at least three more times,they have to be my favourite live band of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Ah yes Faith no More. I seen them twice already but I'd go again TED!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Wools

You saw FNM! B*stard!

Theyre the only band I'd sell me granny to see.

Imagine "Smaller & Smaller" wid de screamin and de shoutin.... classss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Arch

A long time ago, while out for a few jars, I suggested to my mates that we should maybe go see this fellah called Jeff Buckley who was playing in Whelan's that evening. I'd heard a clip on TV and I think he sounded ok. "Who? Nah, c'mon we just go out", they said. So we didn't bother.

F U C K K K K ! ! !

I also didn't bother going to see Bill Hicks in Dublin, cause I thought he was still on a tour that had already been televised, which I knew backwards. Wrong - brand new show.

Double F U C K K K ! ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lanod44

id love to see greenday again.they were savage at witnness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

pumpkins
    zwan
    the best band in the world....THE CROCKETTS(in the skinny an wirey days)
    the dead milkmen
    dover
    the frames again and again
    radiohead(can u believe i havent seen them)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I would have to say Chesney Hawkes, remember him any1???
    Quite possibly the most amazingly talented artist of the 20th century.
    Hmm maybe he's dead, god knows his career is ... ok I'll go for Charles and Eddie instead so.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Milla

i'd love to see this german-irish band again, i think they are called the kelly family or sumthin like that.. i saw them yeeearsss ago, all with their long hair and stuff.. does anyone know sumthin about them?
    oh and i'd love to see u2 live... i never ever got tickets,always sold out..
    oh and the walls are just great, love them live. anyone been to a gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah i remember the kel;ly family they looked more like the beverley hillbillies tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

yeah id love to see weezer live they were supposed to play at T in the Park last year when i was there but they cancelled it was sooooooooooooooo annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Well I saw the Smashing Pumpkins play the SFX just when Mellon Collie was out...that was unreal.
    Seen Radiohead in Boston...that was very strange...all the Americans were sitting down being polite, the Irish were jumping all over the shop getting pissed, bloody security guards kept shouting at us.
    I had a ticket for that cancelled Nirvana gig back in '94, was flat broke so returned it for 18 squid or something!!! Man was that stoopid.
    Kinda getting off the point here, I wanna see the Chili Peppers of course and I wanna go back in time and see the Pixies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

I know that I am probably going to be slated for this, but I seen the Chili Peppers twice once with Dave Navarro on guitar and the other time was with John Frusciante on guitar and I taught that they played much better with Navarro on Guitar.

Bring back Dave............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Early Pink Floyd! With Syd Barret! Yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

I would love to see Metallica with Cliff Burton.
    Did anyone see a band called Overcast in Eamonn Dorans about a month ago???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

GIR!!! yay.
    the cure website people mailed me yesterday and said that they are gonna be touring the world next year and that there'll probly be an ireland gig this time. WOOOOOOOOO!! :D so here's hoping....
    sHep :cool:

Advertisement