Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kali.ie Server available for Playtesting

Options
  • 27-04-1999 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

The Kali.ie server is finally available for playtesting.

The Kali.ie server will not show up in your server list, even if you update the list.

So here's how to set it up...
    Launch Kali
    Go to the Server Menu
    Choose "Connect to Address"
    For the Address enter: 159.134.244.150

Please feel free to playtest and let us know how you get on by reporting on the Messageboard.

Enjoy!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I read in The Player that the Kali.ie server allows free clients (no 20 dollar charge) from .ie - is that still the case and can we download this client if so?

J.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alatar

That's true. There is a free version of the Kali client available for playtesting but it is not yet on general release. If anyone is interested in obtaining a copy please mail me and I can make it available.

For the moment we are relying on registered users of Kali to help us to playtest the server before moving on to a playtest of the client.

Cheers,
    Alatar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Okay!

/me understands

Ta!

J.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i dont really understand this kali thing.
    what isit and what does it do?
    is there a web page where i can read up about it?
    whitewash

Kali is basically a program which emulates IPX over TCP/IP. This means that nearly any game which has IPX support can be played over the internet. Now, this was obviously much more significant a couple of years ago, when very few games had native TCP/IP support but most games had IPX.

Nowadays, of course, this isn't so much the case, but Kali still offers the advantages of dedicated servers, a built in Chat client and a huge fanbase of gamers at your instant disposal.

I often find that I will use the IPX protocol over Kali, rather than the in-built native TCP/IP of a game for the convenience of launching games through the Kali Chat window.

Of course, games with native TCP/IP are also supported over Kali, and a new TCP/IP Launch feature has been implemented in recent releases of the client to simplify game launches.

Check out www.kali.ie for detailed info and help on the Kali client.

Cheers,
    Alatar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

So Alalar, since due to network problems *sniff* I only got ure e-mail yesterday, how did the forsaken test go, or did anyone show up for it?

Test went great. We played mainly D3 Demo but the server seems smooth and we had no problems. Pings were averaging 300-500 so that looks good for the future.

Advertisement