Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snow patrol?

Options
  • 20-11-2002 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

where the hell are they?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

well there's always the reindeer section's new album to keep
    you happy in the meantime. Not as outstanding as snow patrols
    last album but there's a couple of class songs on it.

They parted with their record company, so hopefully that doesn't mean a 5 year wait like Mundy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Snow Patrol... mind numbingly boring....

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

They're ok - a complete sebodoh soundalike though - even sings in an american accent - some songs are good, but generally lack originality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

rumours are that they're checking out offers from other labels and have been recording some demos. try checking out www.snowpatrol.org.uk
    though the site hasnt been updated for at least a yonk and a half its usually the easiest place to find patrol related info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by mumblin deaf ro
    even sings in an american accent

holy poop...you ever heard him sing?...

american my bottom... you can totally hear the northern lilt coming through

• Advertisement

listen to on/off or firelight off their second album and tell me sings in an american accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

ay he shangs un a an ackcent loch thas........*

*{Yes he sings in an accent like this}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

man i'm bored :o

they do sound like one of those american indie bands like
    sebadoh but the accent is definately a home one and a
    cool one.

boring? nah, the album "when it's all over...." is nothing less
    than pure class,
    gary lightbody - brilliant melody machine and songwriter

good man knobbles for a while i thought i was the only one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Originally posted by polarbelly
    listen to on/off or firelight off their second album and tell me sings in an american accent

listen to any quiet sebodoh song and compare. There's definitely a put-on american accent there. Not sayin' it's a criminal offence, just that it's a real turn off for me when someone does that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Minidee

must say I have to agree with knobbles on this one.. Gary Lightbody is a genius,snow patrol are anything but boring and The Reindeer Section's 2nd album is easily one of my favourite albums of the year..

Originally posted by mumblin deaf ro
    listen to any quiet sebodoh song and compare. There's definitely a put-on american accent there. Not sayin' it's a criminal offence, just that it's a real turn off for me when someone does that.

i'm not saying that they arent sebadoh soundalikes at all

BUT

i dont see how a northern irish accent = a put-on american accent

maybe my ears just arent working...cos to me its quite obvious where the accent is coming from, maybe its cos i've heard him speaking or something

i would agree that the music, especially the guitars have an american twang but i definitly dont hear any sort of american accent. and for the record, i think that gary lightbody is an amazing musician and songwriter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

yeah, i'm not getting the american accent at all. however most people tend not to sing in an accent (exceptions being the guy from arab strap, but he's pretty much just talking, so...), although usually it comes across a little bit ... like in snow patrol songs. i don't know if the sebadoh thing is really accurate either, none of the snow patrol songs i know sound anything like sebadoh, perhaps it's some sebadoh songs i don't know. or maybe it's a comparison to snow patrol's first album, which i don't know at all (i never really liked it). i must say, after seeing them in eamonn doran's a couple of years ago (i think it was eamonn doran's) i wasn't that impressed, but i fell in love with 'when it's all over...' earlier this year, and then i got son of evil reindeer and i was blown away. it's so cute!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

at first I thougt Snow Patrol was a bit dull but the more I listened to the albums the more I liked them they are quite mellow but nicely crafted. I think the "Americaness" comes from the folksy influence in the music more from the vocals though. Reindeer Section albums quite nice as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

I don't know much, but i do know that 'You are my Joy' of the Reindeer section album is one of the best f.u.c.k.i.n.g songs ever.

66e

personal favs on that are cartwheels and the last one, whodunnit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

For the record there are 2 Reindeer Section albums

there are indeed 2, and i seem to be the only one who prefers the first one! (y'all get scared now ya hear)

• Advertisement
Advertisement