Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helter Shelter

Options
  • 20-11-2002 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Helter Shelter is back again this Saturday November 23rd celebrating one year of Pure Alternative, No house, No Techno, No Distractions @ TBMC. Doors open 11pm, Adm 10 .00 euro

Email us at heltershelter@eircom.net and let us know the tunes you want to hear.

And regardless of what The Slate (or should that be The Slave to dance music advertising) may say we are not moving to Voodoo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

do i get on the guest list coz of all my spreading of great words?
    i think i shuld be a permanent fizture on the guestlist
    whos going to this, btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

chick on decks in whelans saturday but i reckon helter shelter is a far better bet.......c u there 4 fun and frolics !

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

good to see the show back on the road,far better venue too.

Chicks on decks has to be one of the biggest jokes in town at the moment,I even heard they played paula abdul recently in whelans! send them to the cemetry.

I hear there should be a lot of action saturday night,and some good music too.c u there.....

Action eh buzzer ?... ...you doing a floorshow ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Superfurry

Chicks on decks has to be one of the biggest jokes in town at the moment,I even heard they played paula abdul recently in whelans! send them to the cemetry.

I can't believe they keep getting gigs. Whelans, DA2, I heard they were even in the Music Centre, and they really are the biggest pile of ****e that I've seen in years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Helter Shelter vs Chicks on Decks. There is no contest. Paula Abdul should died of Ghonnorea and rott in hell.

66e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

€10.00???
    thats a bit steep
    spesh with the drink prices these days, dublin is now practically(if not) the most expensive city in the euro zone
    something to think about

mmm it seems i could be linked with a move into the transfer market.for that creative left winger to supply the ammunition to put the ball into the back of the net.

I hope im not snookered by the transfer window.....

£10 euro isnt bad.esp when you consider its £8 into the garbage that is "chicks on decks" at the same time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

I think he has inherited a team of great players but wethere or not they will perform for him or even respect him and his acheivments is another thing all together...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Methinks I'll head along to Helter Shelter after the rockin' gig in Voodoo that is Otranome! (and Violent*Sky and Jessica Insane)

Maybe I'll get in free if I flash my nifty Sound Training Centre student I.D. hmm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

ah yes. the madness. the madness of last night. the madness of last night in the music centre.

said madness causes me to still be drunk. it's three pm on sunday afternoon and i'm still drunk. that's terrible. but anyway, last night's madness was great! wow, helter shelter i praise thee. the dj kept looking at me funny when i asked for van halen or judas priest, i get that a lot these days! what's with that? but the music was really good. lots of old songs, i was ever so pleased. esp with "hangin on the telephone" by blondie. good song, that.

the people there were great. i loved them all. if you were there, i love you. such great dancing. and mr jessica insane, who i hadn't seen in two years was there. boy oh boy. the ramblings of a drunken girl never seem to cease.

ok. right. goodbye. as a wise woman once said, "it's a good day for big potatoes".

I agree...cracking nite...the move to the new venue seemed to work out fine...thanks guys...but please there are more Cure songs you could play other than "Lovecats"......although Bren did play Boys don't cry.. thanks Bren...but Lovecats should really be left to Whelans and the xmas party at Sunnyview Retirement home.

yeah it was fookin deadly alright, headed in with sandi.

i cant wait for the next one. the music seemed to be even better than usual on saturday. although smacks on the wrist for playing debaser by the pixies!

im going to email the guys with suggestions for songs id like to hear anyways.

sadly duffer didnt appear but everthing else was really good....

sure beats chicks on decks.sodium youre never happy - guess it comes with following everton?!ouch...

Are your eyes deceiving you young Buzzer ? Everton are 3rd in the league ! No Disappointments this season (yet!)

You know what I mean about Lovecats though...it's a bit like This Charming man for you...you must be sick of that song !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

the drowner - ah sure jaysus, i didn't even know you were there. i didn't see you or sandi at all at all. although my drunken stupor probably limited my range of vision to about two feet... max... so i don't think i saw very many people there at all. for me, it was just the annual dance-a-thon. and boy did i like dancing.

yeah twas very dancey wasnt it
    i love going to alt cxlubs coz u can dance like a twat and partly get away with it. no one will come near u all evening (except for really scary guys) but they dont usually point with is a plus ;)

i did see u just before i left but u were wrapped around some fella so i thought it;d be rude to interrupt ;)

Advertisement