Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to connect my laptop to my 6310 (bluetooth)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Hi there - you can use the modem features of 6310 with most Bluetooth USB Adapters and PC Cards. Benefit if the USB adapter is you can also use it in PCs (if that's any benefit to you).

I've got it working with the TDK and 3COM Bluetooth products as a modem for Dial-up and GPRS connections.

However, to use the Nokia 6310 PC Suite features you need the Socket Bluetooth Connection Kit.
    http://www.socketcom.com/product/BL4517-386.asp

the MSI one should do - checking it's profiles for Dial Up Networking (DUN) and what Bluetooth PC Application it uses (think it's Widcomm) which is the same as TDK uses - but have to check a bit deeper - i'll do a root around and see what comes up

If you want any help configuring the set-up can you say what Operating System you are running on the Laptop, which Mobile Operator you are with, and how you want to connect to the internet: GPRS (O2 and Voda) or High Speed Data (Voda)?

also can you type *#0000# into the mobile and say what Version the phone software is?

Brian G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Hi
    yeah I prefer USB over pcmcia so's I could use it in desktops also.
    I'm not worried about the PC suite features, I only want to use it as
    a modem atm.

I'm using win2k, phone ver is 4.10, with vodafone.
    and I'd like to try both GPRS and high speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

do any laptops come with bluetooth built in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Some must. Most I'd say would need ye olde PCMCIA bluetooth pluggable device.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

There's a good few laptops with built-in Bluetooth now. So far I've seen ones from Sony, Toshiba and IBM.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by el tonto
    There's a good few laptops with built-in Bluetooth now. So far I've seen ones from Sony, Toshiba and IBM.

this place has a list of models and samsung have come out with one also:
    http://www.blueunplugged.com/shop/department.asp?Department=14

Brian G

Originally posted by deRanged
    Hi
    yeah I prefer USB over pcmcia so's I could use it in desktops also.
    I'm not worried about the PC suite features, I only want to use it as a modem atm.

I'm using win2k, phone ver is 4.10, with vodafone.
    and I'd like to try both GPRS and high speed.

the spec for the MSI USB Adapter (Transceiving Key) MS-6967 lists Dial Up Networking as a profile and the PC Software and (CSR) chipset is the same as TDK uses:
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/per/per/pro_per_detail.php?UID=326&MODEL=MS-6967

from reading through a few forums the main stumbling block has been the instructions are terrible and ensuring the latest drivers and PC software is used:
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_detail.php?UID=326&NAME=MS-6967

note that V4.10 for the 6310 has some issues using GPRS and Bluetooth together - they were resolved with an update to V4.20 - there are more recent firmware versions available that fix more things (for car kit use and other things)

are you in the Dublin Area? had my 6310 updated over the counter at the Telephone Centre - 32 Dawson St, Dub 2 01-8722542 (almost opposite Mansion House) (usually need some proof to validate warranty - Club Nokia ID, Receipt)

other places that should be able to do it over the counter (call first) - PhonePak 11-12 Bachelors Walk Dub 2 01-8746267 (near Ha'penny Bridge) and Teknofone 38/40 Sth Great Georges St Dub 2 01-6711401 (near Hogans)

HTH,
    Brian G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by STaN
    do any laptops come with bluetooth built in?

My bootiful Toshiba 5100-503 has built in bluetooth. I can use my 6310i as a modem with it but it doesnt like the "Nokia Connection Manager" for the PC Suite. Ohh well, cant have everything :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Yep, used a Nokia for a little bit and the 'Connection Manager' caused problems. Kept losing the connection.

Advertisement