Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish BNET server

Options
  • 04-05-1999 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Why don't you lot use bnet to play from?

It's a right hassle trying to get on your server, then bnet the next game..
    I've had to reinstall sc & bw to get this working a couple of times - think it messes up some things in the registry it shouldn't, so it won't connect to the regular bnet server.. Is this just me being a llama?

Why don't you set up brood war ire-1, stick a bot in there, and use that on bnet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

I've had no trouble switching between the two at all.
    And I find the Irish server much faster/stable etc than the Blizzard one.
    I've played over 150 games on the Blizzard server and there are so many annoying problems with it.
    Firstly, you arrange to meet someone in #STARCRAFT-IRL1 for example.....you can msg them but can't see them in the channel, silly things like that.
    Secondly, you lose your connection to Bnet a lot, which means the results for the game aren't recorded.
    Besides, Koreans annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Daishi

Yes, I can understand the korean thing...
    I stopped playing about 4 months ago, and maybe 60% of the games were in korean, and no 'untitled scenario'. Now it is 95% korean, and on non-blizzard maps.

Which sucks.

But there is never anyone ON the irish server... Are there times of day to play?
    I am quite good if anyone wants a game smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Daishi is *does* do something dicky with the registry. It's kinda s'posed to.
    Anyway, if you are on #quake.ie you can usually find someone willing to play.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

I think Mindphuck/DeVore (whoever gets off their *****first) is organising an Irish 2 on 2 league. Which should be fun.
    Like Devore said.....irc.quake.ie #quake.ie is where you'll find Irish players. I'm normally on from 8-12. Or at random times at weekends.
    Fight me smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Reaper, how do you connect back to Blizzard's BNET. Do you just plug in their server's ip into tasc, and if so can i have the ip?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Erm...notice when you run TASC there is a little radio button beside the words "Battle.Net Server" Click there then okay...

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

M|P has registered the #starcraft.ie channel too.

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Daishi

I am registered as +amnotv on #starcraft on quakenet if you wanna use that..

Advertisement