Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For you Turn fans

Options
  • 20-11-2002 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Turn’s bass player Gavin Fox will be leaving the band at the end of the band’s current tour with The Frames to join Scottish rock band Idlewild.

Gavin Fox will replace Bob Fairfoull, who left two months ago, as bass player in Idlewild. The 23 year old Dubliner has been a close friend of Idlewild for several years.

Turn will continue on with a “to be announced” replacement for Gavin. Gavin’s final gig with Turn will be at Dublin’s Temple Bar Music Centre on New Year’s Eve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

HEheHe

Thats kinda strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Now you see this is all just plain wrong... im not really arsed about whether or not hes in turn but i really cant see him in idlewild...he'll have to lose the suit for a start...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

no more workin in whelans anyway...

i hope the lads from turn can find a suitable replacement

it'd be a pity if they broke up or anything because of this...

did you see that idlewild also roped in their tour guitarist and are now a 5 piece, there ya have it...from the horses mouth ...nay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

oh this is a sh!t. this news makes me unhappy. boo urns, i say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 clintron

Im shocked and saddened by this fact.I love both bands but it wont be the same.Best of luck to him anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i also aree with those who said 'noooooooooooo!'
    ah new years eve....i really wanna go, but ill get paid so much if i work....*decisions, decisions)
    i think turn win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

upon closer inspection...these are loafers...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I Notice most of the peeple who went 'Noooooo' were WIMMIN!!!!

Ah but seriously. Who gives a ...a....biscuit???

I love Turn. Everyone who knows me, knows this.

There was once a band called Swampshack. They were good. They lost a member (Jeez, I dunno, he was there a second ago, I just put him down over there....)

Then they were technically Turn.

And they were also good.

So the PrettyBoy left. Big deal. I have to admit, I never thought he was all that great. Ollie and Ian are all we need. Its not a tragedy. It could be a good thing. Let's just wait and see what happens before we all drape ourselves in black and weep outside the central bank or wherever.

I'm going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i love u silverfish

well said

true

the only reason im getting upset is i really dont want the band to break up

cant wait for next week, im working 4 of the 5 frames nights, yay-and 3 of the 4 turn nights. double yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 myles

The replacement for gavin, and this is official, is Alan from Skindive.

Cue rootin out that dusty skindive CD 'an avin a look.

www.blotooth.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

interesting, very interesting...hope he looks well in a suit ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

not to spoil all the fun but this wee thing was announced 2 weeks ago on the idlewild site and a couple of weeks before that on the bbc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

is that the guy that looks like bruce lee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

I'd say people are more bugged about him leaving because whatever Ollie and Ian are saying,its not the best vote of confidence. Everything seems to be happening for turn now, and when one of them walks away from that it must feel like a bit of a sign that he doesn't think they have a future. Much as Gavin will be missed ( i'd say the gender ratios are gonna balance out at gigs....) i hope it doesn't split up turn and that everything works out well for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Lets just hope Turn continue to be as productive as they were. And Im sure they will be. Best of luck to Gav in Idlewild, cant really blame the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

is it definite that the guy from skindive is joining????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 frank05330

i believe myles used the word "official". it signifies yes, this is true.
    alan is joining.
    and to all the people who so readily dismiss gav, **** you. just because he was good looking, i dunno, maybe you're really ugly and resent him for it or something, but thats no reason. he's a great bass player, and incredibly sound person. none of you are in any position to comment on his role in turn. their new stuff wont be the same without gav, but alan is great too. theyll be different.

people are ****s sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

ahem
    firstly i'm not upset because 'the pretty boy left' you can say its not a big deal but you know what? it is.
    you gotta think: why?
    why did he have reason to leave?
    (because they pay him better)
    but would you rather have more money, less suit-wearing and less rockin' out?
    (sorry, but idlewild can lean towards the bedwetting side. whoops. sorry if i offend anyone)
    or less money, mor good times, better music, more hardcore fans (ie me. come on! i gave the guy a motorbike on an elastic band! that must mean i'm hardcore!)

Gav, come back. we miss you already

well i do anyhoo

Advertisement