Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom and Esatbt are STUPID - ntl too?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

crap government - we (collectively) voted for them - we are all to blame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

I really don't think it's appropriate for members of the committee to come in here and talk down to the membership like they were idiots. This is /our/ forum, not yours, remember?

This is the membership forum, and as a member I can express my opinions as any other. We agreed long ago that anything said on the boards is not offical IOFFL Policy, therefore I feel that I have a free hand as much as any other member to express my feelings on any matter.

If that results in me being a bit to sarcastic from time to time, I feel thats fair enough, after all most members are from time to time.

It was probabily inappropriate of me to ask people to taking ranting elsewhere, as I am not a mod, thats fair enough Adam, I apologise to the other members for my bullyboy antics.

I also take this opportunity like to restate that my opinions are just that, my own, not those of IOFFL. Don't forget the mods are gonna be as quick to ban, delete me etc as any other member ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Yes, but surely the government have a lot to answer for for letting €ircon get away with it anti-competitive behaviour for so long. Our government are too lightweight and will only tackle issues that are easy.

Oh yeah, I would agree with this completely, but i don't see this in the same light as budgetary cuts at all.

Also I do glimers of hope that they are starting to develop a willingness to tackle the major problems, one of which being telecoms ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

I disagree and partly agree with all of ye!

Any business model is build on return on investment and NPV calcualtions.

If you have a project it must return a real value in todays money on the original capital invested over the project term, otherwise you dont do it.

eircom ( as much as I dont like them ) have a right to make money and to try to reduce the "pay back" period on the project.

I agree that we can not "blame" the government for the downturn but I also agree that they should 1) break promises they made & 2) keep facts from the very people that vote them into power :- I have no political preference so whoever is in power is a fairly non-event ot me personally.

I also dont go for conspiracy theory , but it's a fact that big business has more of an influence on the government that "joe soap" - I am not saying it's right , it's a fact so we may aswell accept it or constructively try to change it - moaning achieves nothing.

Also ANYONE is perfectly allowed to express their own opinion but dont expect people to agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

OMG!!!

Are you guys trying the new "10 ways to annoy Dusty" thread recipe?!

1. Cisco, read the FAQ, you know the one that says "READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST". I was going to link you to threads that confound your pointless rants, but events overtook me.

2. Lads, Im as angry as everyone else about the state of internet access in this country, however Pointless Rants help nobody. They also clog up interesting threads (granted, this is not an Interesting Thread). Give it a rest please.

3. Topic. Stay on. Please.

4. Holy mother of GOD STOP WITH THE POLITICS! Its very easy to blindly blame the current government for problems that were created well before thier time. Its also very pointless and wont win you a cookie for me. If you want to blame the current government for problems of thier own making, i suggest you use the highly interesting and extraordinarily well moderated Politics forum (Bonkey deserves sainthood if you ask me).

4. MDR - ive deleted you..... and Dahamsta just for the craic.

5. Where was the "lets burn eircom to the ground" suggestion? Tch, you're slipping ranters:)

6. Thread locked. Set My People Free card at the ready.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement