Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV internet are just as bad as everyone else

Options
  • 20-11-2002 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Having just recieved my second bill ,. and have to say i was happy with there service, but this DOES NOT appear in there terms and conditions, every bill i get shows the €30 for the 150 free hours i am entitled to ,

but they make you pay €30 in advance for the next month (with obviously the last month you don't pay anything)

so in theory you do pay €30 a month, (but the advance thing is a pain) i am not happy about that, it was not the agreement i had signed, why i'm not happy is because i have a budget , and though it was €30 , but having to pay €60 ,

they are going to get a very angry phonecall tomorrow,
    :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Dont you only pay €30 in advance on the first month? So you pay €60 the first month and €30 every other month..... Where's the problem with that? Prity much every bill i get is paid in advance..

ESB, Telephone line rental, Rent, NTL etc

Maybe you should chill a little and think things over before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well this has to be the most pathetic post about UTV yet :)

I mean judging by the lack of protest by all us other UTV subscribers I think we actually understood the agreement and you just didn't. I'm sure if you are a heavy internet user that you will find your saving money still.

Hmm I smell a Eircom stoolie here :)

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

ESB, Telephone line rental, Rent, NTL etc

Hmm I smell a Eircom stoolie here

disgraceful, i am hurt by that eircom remark, and am a big supporter of eircomtribunal,..

i think you people are missing my point or maybe i didn't make it clear enough, this is the second month i've had to pay in advance, and yes i am chilled out mbroad, do you like getting ripped off with your money?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

What exactly are you complaining about?

You pay your €30 at the start of the month.

You use your 150hrs.

When the next bill arrives you pay your €30 for the next month and any call charges, peak net calls etc etc. for the month just finished.

I think.

Either way, starting a new thread implying that UTV are as bad as Eircom is just downright stupid. As a supporter of eircomtribunal.com you should know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

A> Read a contract before you sign up to it
    B> You pay your eircom line rental in advance. And I think Sky charge in advance too. There's nothing untoward about UTV.

• Advertisement

i DID read the contract

my first bill came in for september, I paid for the subscription (€8) then had to pay a month subs in advance (€30) - for october

it was only €8 was because of the last week in september

then my second bill came in and had to pay subscription (€30) plus €5 extra for additional charges and a month in advance (€30) - november

does anyone see this

i have being charged an extra €30

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by theciscokid

my first bill came in for september, I paid for the subscri

Did you read anything what the other people just posted?

FOR THE LAST FRICKIN' TIME YOU ARE BEING BILLED A MONTH IN ADVANCE, IF YOU EVER LEAVE UTV INTERNET YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED E30 FOR THE LAST MONTH.

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    Did you read anything what the other people just posted?

FOR THE LAST FRICKIN' TIME YOU ARE BEING BILLED A MONTH IN ADVANCE, IF YOU EVER LEAVE UTV INTERNET YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED E30 FOR THE LAST MONTH.

can i get something clear here,

having found out that you pay in advance,

which contrary to what other companies do , it wasn't in there terms and conditions

my arguement was for the people who keep re-posting saying you pay in advance - I KNOW ,

i am being charged besides that
    What exactly are you complaining about?
    You pay your €30 at the start of the month.
    You use your 150hrs.
    When the next bill arrives you pay your €30 for the next month and any call charges, peak net calls etc etc. for the month just finished.

I think.

right pie thats what i thought should happen

i paid the most the first month and then it keeps getting carried over

but in there i got charged an extra 30 for either call charges or they billed me for advance twice..

i am not going to print my bill for you all to see,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

and what did utv say? i assume u contacted them before u went on this rant?

Originally posted by tuxx
    and what did utv say? i assume u contacted them before u went on this rant?

oh i'll kill you tuxx, ;)

ive been posting on this to try to get some insight from other utv users as to the problem,

all i got was advance , advance etc..

it was too late to ring up utv today so will do tomorrow,

i'm glad somwone saw my problem,

jeez, you all nearly convinced me that i was wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Muirthile

Originally posted by theciscokid
    my first bill came in for september, I paid for the subscription (€8) then had to pay a month subs in advance (€30) - for october

it was only €8 was because of the last week in september

then my second bill came in and had to pay subscription (€30) plus €5 extra for additional charges and a month in advance (€30) - november

Putting it another way:
    1st bill: €8 for end of september + €30 in advance for October
    2nd bill: €30 for October (again) + €30 in advance for November.

Conclusion: theciscokid is getting charged twice for October and his real problem with UTV is not getting charged in advance but getting charged twice for the same month.

A nice gentleman contacted me by mail and said he would sort this problem out for me having read the thread, :D

my faith in utv has been restored

probably cause i signed up so early, caused confusion as to the dates

all is well i hope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

Jesus Loves You.

Originally posted by Scrappy]-[Nick
    Jesus Loves You.

? oh dear, another john 3:16 saviour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

no...where'd you get that outa? ..i know this guy called Jesus...he fancies you ...he asked me to ask you for your phone number....Jesus is gets quite nervous typing to other internet0rs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

theciscokid

I few of us have had teething troubles with the UTVip service and/or billing. The thing is though that most of us contacted them first to clarify and/or rectify the problem before starting a ranting thread claiming that 'they are as bad as all the others'. I've just been on to the billing department to clear up a minor discrepency on my bill. It was dealt with speedily and to my complete satisfaction and I can only echo what the vast majority of people are saying, ie that UTVips' customer service is second to none.

So try and sort out any problems you have with them before starting a rant. If your response is that you were only trying to get forum members advice before you contacted UTVip then for gods sake, title the thread "Advice on UTVip bill needed". A bit of cop on and maturity please!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Having just recieved my second bill ,. and have to say i was happy with there service, but this DOES NOT appear in there terms and conditions, every bill i get shows the €30 for the 150 free hours i am entitled to ,but they make you pay €30 in advance for the next month (with obviously the last month you don't pay anything)so in theory you do pay €30 a month, (but the advance thing is a pain) i am not happy about that, it was not the agreement i had signed, why i'm not happy is because i have a budget , and though it was €30 , but having to pay €60 , they are going to get a very angry phonecall tomorrow,

Are you for real?? Try doing that with Eircon? Weigh up everything like Eircon V UTVip for everything. You must not have thought out everything before you posted did you?

OHP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Problem sorted.

Moral: Call UTV customer support, dont rant here.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement