Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i approach that subject??

• 21-11-2002 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ok there's this girl in school i like right? i dunno if she still likes me but last year i overheard her say"aw...there's (myname), he's so fine" but i dunno if that still applies now. we talk every now and then and get on grand but how do i bring up that matter? what do i say? any help would be really appreciated...thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

YOU: Fancy a shag?

HER: NO!!!! *smack*

YOU: Well would you mind lying down while I have one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Well one way you could find out, wopuld be to use your real name and her real name. somebaody who knows her would probably see it, and tell her!
    And presumably, they could then post her reply!
    :)
    This method has the added advantage of being more entertaining for other boards readers.

However if you prefer the more private approach, just ask the girl if she'd fancy meeting up f(with you!) for a few beers some nite.

If she says no, you can act cool, its not a big brush off .. but if she's keen she should say yes!

simple eh?

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

apart from he says he's still in school, which would thus mean hes underage, therefore ruling out going for a beer? well atleast in dublin anyway cause im 20 and i still get id off almost every single bouncer in the whole of dublin :rolleyes:

I'd say something personally, although im basing this on thoughts, when i was back in school and the same happened i pondered until it was to late, then regretted not doing it....

so dont do what i did and ask, besides theres load more embarrising moments to come up in your life, and looking back later in life, this one will be VERY minor. And heh you never know she might actually say yes and you wont regret a thing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

push her to the ground and pull her hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Big Chief
    apart from he says he's still in school, which would thus mean hes underage, therefore ruling out going for a beer?
    You know what he means and there are a lot of 18 yo's and soem 19 yo's in school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Steal her hair clips!

Always works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i grew up in glasgow, i moved over here 6 months ago, and i didnt know there was 18 / 19yo's in school sorry.

I thought the people that were still in education at that age were in college.

Apologies for my confusion :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

get her number and send her a text, you could pretend it was an accident - e.g. I dunno if this is *girls friend you know, this is insert name here, made up story taht would get you chatting, then after a while ask her to the next party your going to, then try it on ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Big Chief
    i pondered until it was to late, then regretted not doing it....

this happened to me aswell. it's best to ask. the worst that can happen is she says "no"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Originally posted by hussey
    get her number and send her a text

Dont, under any circumstances follow that advice! You saw what happened that bloke on the PAY ATTENTION advert when the guy is walking up to his Maid Marion and steps out in front of a Transit. What is wrong with people these days that they prefer faceless texting to actually walking up to someone and saying "Nice day, nice ass, nice tits, now can we get it on" or something similar. Music is always a great way to break the ice- find out what she's into, comment, have a laugh with her and then father her children.

The alternative is to wrap a medium size stone with a note saying "Stavo (or whatever) fancies the arse off you" and aim it at the back of her head in class. At least it will get her attention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

just ask her... what ya gotta loose.

The worst thing that'll happen is she'll say
    she's not interested, in which case ya just move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Just pluck up a bit of courage and ask her if she'd like to go to the cinema with you some night...........it's that simple!!!
    I did something similiar 2 weeks ago!!
    There is this Beautiful GODESS in Carlow IT called Myriam!!
    I have fancied her since i first saw her however i had a girlfriend up till august this year so i couldn't do anything about it!!
    Anyway 2 weeks ago i just went up to her said town beside her introduced myself and asked her out for dinner, her response........

"I have a Boyfriend" :( but that night i went to the foundry and found me another one! hahahahaha bounce back !!!
    If she says no its not the end of the world is all i am saying!!
    Best of luck my man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by ShayK1

"I have a Boyfriend"

And are you going to let a little thing like that stand in the way of you and your urge?

Notice boyfriend != husband... and umm even if it were.

Honestly, feign 'innocent' interest and invite her for some coffee... and do the idle chit chat thing over a number of weeks, then, randomly invite her out for drinks, but whatever you do don't seem in the least interested... then, one night... when all is quite... all through the house.. make your move.

*Note: If you suspect your girlfriend of allowing this sort of thing to come to pass, it is best to do the above with her best friend.

Regards
    Typedef.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My advice is to not go near her. Why? Because you've built her up in your head now and put her on a pedestal. Women don't like being on pedestals and if they do then they're probably more interested in being on popstars.

My advice is to:

1. See nice girl
    2. Find out if girl is single
    3. Ask girl out

Do the above in quick succession. Be casual but funny. Don't practice your lines. Above all don't see this encounter as the be all and end all of your quest to shag/fall in love/whatever.

Confidence is important. As is cleanliness. And remember, she will more than likely be as nervous if not more so about the whole thing.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Originally posted by Typedef
    And are you going to let a little thing like that stand in the way of you and your urge?

Notice boyfriend != husband... and umm even if it were.

This kinda thing wouldn't stop me but apparently its a problem for her!!! ah well!! I have found the sexiest funniest coolest chick ever in DIT but she lives in atlone and thats a bit far from me!!
    However i will make the effort if she wants!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Originally posted by unregged
    My advice is to:

1. See nice girl
    2. Find out if girl is single
    3. Ask girl out
    Realy if you are in school this is all there is to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MickRyan2000

Originally posted by [-UK-]Wolf
    Really if you are in school this really is all there is to it, man
    But what if you're not in school..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Well if you arent in school then its kinda different depends on if you know her is she in a simialar group of friend what are her interest? lots of different factors. However, Iv found that just walking up bold as brass and saying "hey there! whats your name?" Then saying something like "I just saw you about and thought I must go talk to that cute/pretty girl at the very least" look a bit shy and smile. This usually have at least non-negative results they will tlk to you so. (although depends on the girl it took me 6 years to tell one girl I liked her see my post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭YoungNastyMan

im 20 and i still get id off almost every single bouncer in the whole of dublin 14

Thats because your 3 feet tall, Wit ginger hair, and you masterbate in your own sh.it, while reading irish bride. I can tell all that just from your post. (just messing) Irish Bouncers are a shower of bastards. I sympathize wit ya Big Chiefdark-blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Durden

I had/have a similar problem... cept mine is with a girl in another school, who I won't be able to see till after the new year... i sent her an email (by the way, anyone think that will work?)

Oh and "misdirected" txts work... i know two people, both about 16, been going out for over a year, got together because he accidentaly (really, he did!) sent a message to her destined for someone else listing out her virtues.... therefore at least think about it

• Advertisement
Advertisement