Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badly Drawn Boy

• 21-11-2002 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Anyone go see Badly Drawn Boy last night? Whatcha think?
    Im going tonight........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I went. All-in-all a decent gig. A couple of rock and roll moments - when he lost the head with the drummers time-keeping and threw a little tantrum, and he kept stopping and starting on quite a few of the songs too - to fill us in on some trivia from his rockstar lifestyle. Apparently he does that a lot.

One thing though, the olympia was stuffed with those annoying twentysomething student retards that only actually attend these gigs so they can remind each other how excruciatingly hip they are at every given opportunity, and have no interest in paying attention to the actual act, his music or his inter-song banter. I had two little D4 princesses behind me shouting in my ear about some vaccuos ****e or other right through the gig. Bring a gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Went last night, he was on top form. Excellent gig. He has improved his show tenfold since the last time i saw him in the Olympia a year or so ago. He even managed to string three songs together without any stops between them to retune his guitar or argue with his drummer. His voice was much better too.
    Great night, only reaffirmed what a fantastic song writer he is.

Was a lot of those student retards there mind u. Wanted to punch one or two, but manage to ignore them long enough to enjoy the gig. Got absolutly drenched walking home after the gig tho' :( My coat is still wet this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

Does he actually start giving out to the drummer in front of everyone or what? It must be really annoying to play with him if he stops mid-song alot itd really throw you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ross_k

Did anybody read the review in the 'Day and Night' section on friday's independent? The writer wasn't particulary impressed.

I quite like badly drawn boy, he certainly has his moments.

Ross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Yeah, i heard about that review...he certainly didnt have a good time. Everyone is entitled to their opinion i guess. The first time he played the Olympia a year or two ago he was truly shambolic stopping and starting on almost every song....his voice sounded awful, but his songs just sound so damn good no matter what.
    The gig last week (?) was sooooo much better, his voice was on key, he didnt stop and start every song ( i only remember him doing it once) and he had grown up as a performer since the last time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Some decent photos from the gig at www.mcd.ie/photosmcd if ya haven't seen 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

That was my 4th or 5th time seeing bdb and he was pretty weak for the first half and very good for the 2nd half, i saw him at reading 2000 and he was fantastic, and his acoustic set in whelans a few year back was pretty damn good too.

Advertisement