Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Error

• 21-11-2002 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,047 ✭✭✭✭

I encountered a strange error over the weekend.
    I installed WInDVR onto my machine which is an AMD XP2100 with 512Mb of Ram and running XP Pro.
    I have a Hauppage TV card installed and use this to watch tv.
    I initially installed the Hauppage card 2 months ago and it was working well except for the fact that the full screen mode was unavailable.
    I later downloaded the latest driver and application files from the Hauppage site and installed it ,but this driver is not XP certified.
    This fixed the full screen view.
    The card was running perfectly until I installed WinDVR
    Initially the install went fine but when I turned on the computer later the same day and ran WinDVR the computer shut down immediately and restarted.
    It then displayed a message saying a serious error had occured and information on it was stored in a minidump in the Windows folder.
    Everytime I run anything to do with the Hauppage card , i.e Hauppage software,moviemaker and WinDVR the power goes off.
    I ran a virus check and came up with nothing and I reinstalled all the Hauppage software as well as WinDVR .
    I have removed the 'serious error' message by disabling paging and renabling it .
    It appears that the system doesnt crash if the Hauppage software isnt activated until after a few minutes after power up.
    This is strange.
    I contacted Hauppage and they sent me some new vsf drivers instead of wdm.
    These drivers and aplication files are an old version and using them I cant enable full screen mode and Power VCR tells me that the video capture card isnt configured properly.
    I have now reinstalled the WDM drivers and the old problem is back again coupled with the fact Power VCR 2 keeps on giving an error and has to shutdown.
    I have spent hours trying to figure this out.
    I also noticed that I didnt have a video applications driver installed.
    Whenever I try and install a driver for this it installs the driver I choose but later it says no driver is installed for this device.
    Perhaps I should remove the card physically and reinstall both it and Power VCR / Win DVR .
    Would this be any good or should I just dump the card ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Well you ould always stop using Power VCR and that WinDVR.

Beond that, make sure the card isn't sharing an IRQ with anything, I know my WinTV go card really doesn't like it. Have you also got the lateist version of the TV aplication? I know that for some of them, they will only work with certen divers.. it will say it on the download of the site. after that I'm stumped.. soz

Advertisement