Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest from Nvidia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

silicon starts being deliverd to manufacturers at end of december, cards on sale february at "Enthusiast Prices" in otherwords priced to fúck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

it some serious bit of kit. a massive jump compared to earlier cards. from those specs i'd say we might be able to run doom3 at about 10-15fps now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

yeah, I'm still banking on a wealthy Oil Baron taking me into his harem and buying me a SGI farm...but heh, what's the chance of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I read on tomshardware or arstechnica that games that take any real advantage of those 120+million gates will not be available for another 2 years.... :rolleyes: ... they have a very good rundown of the specs and expected performance ... but taking up two slots is a bit of a pain in the bottom...:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

but taking up two slots is a bit of a pain in the bottom

Mine already does with the larger heatsink and fan I've add I now require 2 slots.

I just love the downloadable demos.
    They look great.
    I can just imagine all the extra coding that will be required to take advantage of it all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement