Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good MouseMat ??

Options
  • 21-11-2002 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

I hope this is in the appropriate area - otherwise feel free to move it.
    I have recently migrated from a trackball to a MS Intellimouse optical mouse - basically I couldnt aim for sh1t. My dilemma is now I need a good mousemat for gaming. I know I can use the mouse on any surface - even the desk - but I reckon the pads may wear quicker if I use it on any uneven / rough surface. I have seen pictures of nice hard mats - usually with some game logo on them, which probably means they were free.
    What would you consider to be a good gaming surface, and where can I get one.

Cheers

Bio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Don't get a Everglide Giganta, i wore mine out in 4 months.
    Ratpadz are nice to work with, but i heard the fUnc are the best.
    But dont get an everglide :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

A large flat ceramic tile does the job for me.
    Try and get one of those ones with no pattern,plain colour etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Haven't tried any of the other types of mouse mats out there, everglide and so on, but I'm still very pleased with my ratzpad after around 8 months of use and I'm using an optical mouse with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

OMG - that fUnc one looks the biz - works out at around 48 yoyos including the shipping - i must resist - i must resist

Ah f'eck it - i think ill get it anyway:D

[edit]ordered - I'll let you know what its like when I get it[/edit]

Bio

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When she's over I use ur sis's naked stomach.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Go Ratzpad.

Been using mine for nearly a year, and its still in perfect condition. Even the name stayed on..stuff like that usually wear away :)

The sticky feet are great too..doesnt budge once you place it.

My only gripe is that its nigh impossible to find a wrist rest that fits in that long curve at the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

or.....just get an optical mouse.....they rule by far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

the best i can recommend is the dell mousemat, i do not know what the surface is, its a lamenated grip or something :o

but works well for optical cordles mice anyway, doesn't ware down or deosn't collect dirt like other mats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ratpadz all the way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

How the hell do you 'wear out' an everglide after four months? Did you use it as a skateboard?

I've had my everglide for over a year I think, and it pwns my bones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Im looknig for a decent mouse pad as well,

Bio, let me know how u get on with that one.

Also anyone tried the icemats from komplett, in particular this one: http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=24594&t=1676&l=3&AvdID=1&CatID=18&GrpID=8&s=pl

I have a MS USB Optical, and find the foam mats awful tbh, and i dont like using a bare worktop surface either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by BioHazRd
    OMG - that fUnc one looks the biz - works out at around 48 yoyos including the shipping - i must resist - i must resist

Ah f'eck it - i think ill get it anyway:D

[edit]ordered - I'll let you know what its like when I get it[/edit]

Bio

48 yoyo for a mouse mat???
    i need to start taking my gaming that seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Same as Kairo. Had my Ratpad about a year now. It's the business.

I use it with a Logitech optical mouse, have a cordless one (for casual Windows use, and playing DVDs - very handy), and a corded one.

I heard bad things about Icemats in combo with optical mice, but that could just be vicious rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

i have the same mouse bio and i just use it on the woden varnished desk, no bothers, but it dident like any mouse mat with any white in it, go for dark colours me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I got my mouse mat here:

Execlusive Mousemat store.

Its the second one down. I would say that i have it well over a year now, and it works the same as it did when i first got it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Maplin @ blanchardstown have an aluminium lian li mouse pad for only 8 yoyo's tiz quite small tho. (7.5 by 6.5 inch).

http://www.dansdata.com/mousemats2.htm

COMBATCOW

Advertisement