Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Credit Card - Will it ruin my life?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Correct.

Its another damn thing to look out for, especially when buying stuff over the internet from other countries (including the UK). In a lot of cases you will find that your expected bill has this 2.5% added on top. Its illegal for the merchant to do it in this country for retail customers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Wasn't the stamp duty increased from €20 to €40 in the last budget, does that affect student credit cards though?

I didn't know I was going to be paying money on my ATM card, how much is the stamp duty for that? jeez, I can't afford to be speding all this money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Michael Collins
    Wasn't the stamp duty increased from €20 to €40 in the last budget, does that affect student credit cards though?

I didn't know I was going to be paying money on my ATM card, how much is the stamp duty for that? jeez, I can't afford to be speding all this money...

AFAIK you'll have to pay €40 stamp duty per credit card. I don't think student status has any bearing on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

yeah, it's €40 for us all, i'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Its illegal for the merchant to do it in this country for retail customers.

that doesn't mean that they don't do it though :(
    There are quite a few shops in town which put surcharges on credit card transactions. (usually around 4% as well, as opposed to the 2-3% actual surcharge). Great country eh?

• Advertisement
Advertisement