Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox how many pennies??

Options
  • 21-11-2002 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Have to pick one up on Sunday.

How much are they ??
    How many games you get with it ??

I be getting it from Smiths or Game whichever is cheapest.

KdjaC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Superfurry

€249 with free copies of Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

wow is that all.

cool more moey for my pressies :)

thx
    kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Originally posted by Superfurry
    €249 with free copies of Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT.

really they are that cheap now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

€520 and €80 a game only a few moons ago...
    God i am so happy that i am stoopidly rich*.

/* post Xbox purchase..homeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

yeah...the ps2 is the same. price-cut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by mystik
    yeah...the ps2 is the same. price-cut

No free games with it though :).

Besides - the man is asking about an XBox, not a PS2...

Chernobyl - we're in more or less the same boat :o I (well, when I say I, I don't really mean me as such...:D) shelled out in excess of 700 euro on the launch night. 'Twas worth it though I suppose - even if I had to eat watered down cardboard for the next six weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Superfurry

I personally think the Xbox is the best value for money at the moment. JSRF is a great game, Sega GT is so-so, and you don't have to buy any memory cards or multi-taps, as you would with the PS2.

Originally posted by Superfurry
    I personally think the Xbox is the best value for money at the moment. JSRF is a great game, Sega GT is so-so, and you don't have to buy any memory cards or multi-taps, as you would with the PS2.

well l say the gamecube is, wait for that to drop further, dirt cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

And think how much money you can save on games buying an XBox or GameCube over a PS2, what with there being only a handful of titles worth buying on them! :)

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    And think how much money you can save on games buying an XBox or GameCube over a PS2, what with there being only a handful of titles worth buying on them! :)

hm yes quality not quantity, halo IMHO doesn't justify a purchase of an xbox, and while not having broadband the xbox live isn't set up for ireland anyway but isp's permitting can be configured,

i'd like ICO though on PS2 , that looks good if not too short

i'll stick with my gamecube and pc this xmas :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well guys ive literally just got off the phone chatting to my bro in law who asked me to post the sale of his 2 week old Xbox.
    Complete with Sega GT,JSRF,Halo and NHL 2003 all for 280 euros,still has box a receipt ofcourse.
    He is in the Kildare area,reason for sale - well he is a PC man and his xbox has just been sitting there.
    I can put anyone interested in contact with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Right now XBox is doing pretty well, I have to say.

When I look at Microsoft's current approach to the video game scene - I hang my head in shame, it seems like a very 'Sega-esque' approach... yet in the last few days the 'buzz' surrounding XBox in school has been personally astonishing to be honest.

Almost everyone seems to be interested in gettingone - partially because they either don't like the PS2, already have a PS2, or because they have been convinced that XBox is a better console for less cash.

It looks like everybody will be green in one form or another this christmas... either with envy or with an xbox.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes but MS need to get their finger out and somehow convince 3rd party developers that their machine is where its at,somehow i have my doubts.
    I got xbox mainly to have a DVD player in our Lounge and decided what the hell kill 2 birds with one stone,DVD and link with friends with Halo.
    To be honest apart from Halo multiplayer[single player story is repetitive] nothing else is even remotely exciting.
    Then again im used to huge library of PC games,hardly a fair comparison.
    PS2 ? hmmm im slightly regretting not getting one instead of my xbox,loads of fine games and of course PES2 which i doubt we will ever see on the green box.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still think the PS2 is the best buy. It has great support and already has quite a lot of must play games. The Xbox just doesn't have enough quality games, the only two outstanding games are splinter cell and halo. The Gamcube seems like a much better buy. It may not have a lot of games but it does have a lot more quality games. Mario Sunshine is sublime, eternal darkness etc. And theres the games to come such as zelda. And Metroid Prime is meant to be one of the best games ever. Xbox hasn't got any really good games coming and definitely can't match either the PS2 or Cubes line up.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I believe Dixons is doing an excellent deal on xboxes at the moment. can't remeber the price right now but it was definitely cheaper than Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still think the PS2 is the best buy.

Definately, but nowadays very few people have just one console. It's almost impossible to recommend anything over a PS2, but as a second console, I think the Xbox just edges out the Gamecube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad:

damn you vice city!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dave Roe

I've bought quite a few. Halo is good, that car racing game is good too, but there's an awful lot of stuff that is lmost criminally bad.
    The pirate one? Just terrible. Hours of running around with just senseless puzzles and moronic enemies. Games on the C64 were better.
    Gunmetal? Gagh. Enemy AI is dim. The explosions are two dimensional, the gameplay minimal.
    Azurik? How did they have the bare-faced cheek to release that at full price. Just apalling.
    Conflict: Desert Storm looks okay - I've had it a week or so now, and quite like it.
    But - it reveals the weakness of all the **** games. My theory is that it was originally quite difficult, and required the player to sneak up on enemies, snipe and knife them, etc. a la Commandos -style. And you can do this, quite nicely. It's tricky though, and leaving bodies in the open, running over open ground, shooting guns in earshot of guards etc. all lead to "The Alarm is Raised" and the enemy hunting you down. BUT You can still survive this. You can shoot your way out of almost any situation and complete the missions. It's more like "Commando" the 80's arcade game that "Commandos" the PC game. Why? Because the games companies believe that buyers want easy arcade-style games. I bought an XBox because I thought more PC-like games would be avilable for it but it just hasn't happened.
    Still, I live in hope that some of the Xmas releases will be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 BOP

The latest deal on X-box is SuperValu : Halo,Splinter Cell, JSRF and Sega GT for 200 English, about 320 Euro? They're givin' em away !! I might blow all my money on one and stay sober for the Xmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement