Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WLL and Line Rent--Last mile?

Options
  • 21-11-2002 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I received a call today from an ESAT sales person today after enquiring about WLL.

The gist of the conversation was that WLL wasn't going to be implemented away from ADSL enabled exchanges and that Kinnegad/Clonard were unlikely to receive broadband in any form at anytime in the forseeable future. (Had guessed that anyway :( )

However in the course of the conversation I mentioned that I was so pi**ed off at Eircom that if someone else offered to take over my line and charge more line rent than Eircom I would still avail of it just to deprive Eircom of the money.
    To my suprise the sales person said that ESAT would be able to take over my line rent in a few months!!!!

Does this mean that the last mile is finally being broken?

If so this would dovetail nicely with FRIACO allowing ESAT and others to set their own price independantly of Eircom, or am I jumping the gun a bit here?

JWT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

has one of the largest fibre installations in the country going through it and ESAT own it. It went into a nice neat trench about 2.5 years ago .

did yer man tell you why ye can't have a service off this fibre, seeing as ye had to put up with all teh traffic disruption and all that.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Yup I mentioned it and the reply was...

"Yes, well we could offer you a 64K leased line for approx. 4500 a year" :rolleyes:

Got to give them credit for not only avoiding the issue put pushing on with the sales pitch :)

JWT

Advertisement