Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripping partial data

• 21-11-2002 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Didn't know exactly where to put this. It's a problem or godsend with Windows, depends on your point of view. And an application problem.

I bought some good value cds 2 years ago. Or so I though good value. Let it be said that vivastar are the most useless cds you could ever buy. Lulls you into a false sense of security, pretending that you're data is safe and sound on the cds, not!

Anyways. Some of the cds I can actually read. Problem is they're avi files. Which as some people know, movie players need to get the entire file size before it will player until, asf and mpeg. So... is there any way of ripping raw data from a cd until the cd can't read anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Isobuster should let you get at the raw data on the disc. but if its a udf disc oyu will have to pay for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

VirtualDub will let you reconstruct an AVI file with a missing index. http://www.virtualdub.org/download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Did anyone ever say " You the Man! DiscoStu!":D

And cheers phaxx, a handy tidbit.

Advertisement